FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

my little white dog

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
my beautiful little dog on the right has had an operation to remove cancer, but it came back aggressively and developed lumps so I had to put her down this morning with great sadness, and yes I was crying non stop and whether or not I will respond in the next couple of days, only time will tell. Geoff.
20 Replies 20

cinta
Community Member
Hi Geoff I completely empathise with you as I have had to send some beloved animals to another place  - dogs give unconditional love I wish you wonderful memories of your loving companion peace be with you cinta

dear David Charles, my friend, I had logged in and have just spent 35 min responding to this only to find that the system error appeared.

The second reply is never the same as the first, because I was talking about my experience this last week and beforehand, so I will try again later on, damn it. Geoff.

dear David Charles, Chris, Neil, Giggles and Bman, I am not an IT expert so BB will correct the new photo, and I want to really thank you all for your loving responses.

This week has been an awful one for me, and although you try hard enough to keep them going, there comes a time when you have to say goodbye.

Tessie was a little dog who came with me everywhere I went, and anybody who said no animals inside the house, then I wouldn't see them any more, I would just ring them instead.

She hurt her back leg a few years ago, so it was difficult for her to jump onto my bed, so I made some steps so that she could walk up and down at her convenience.

I also laid some carpet on the steps to stop her from slipping off, and she had to be lifted up and down into the car, and would always sit on the back tray of my SUV, watching where ever I went.

I remember having an epileptic fit several years ago and she wouldn't let the ambulance people go anywhere near me, but she certainly wasn't an aggressive dog, and just adored children.

You can never replace her and all her little idiosyncrasies that we all love from our animals, and loved the vet, and she wasn't the only one.

I knew that she was getting sick so I got my son's Jack Russell, Mindy or Moo-Moo, and she too has her funny ways.

She lifts her front paw and I refer this to F-Troop, as it reminds me when sergeant O'Rourke and corporal Agarn and their tribe salute or given the command 'attention' to when Captain Parmenter speaks to the clumsy group of soldiers.

All animal owner's know this feeling of losing their beloved friend, and in this case this is where friend truly stands, because they never ever leave you, no matter what happens.

If anybody is facing this same situation, and there was someone but I'm sorry I can't remember your name, but in true form David Charles will know or research back to whom it was, but it's such a dreadful time in our life, especially when Tessie was the only one living with me, and though not knowing what was happening to me.

My deepest thoughts are with you, and I want to extend my love for you to be able to cope, and this applies to any guys as well, even though I am heterosexual, but this loss is not about any sexual connotations, it's about the pet that we love so much. Geoff.

Dear Neil,

One ring rules all ?  Mmm. Sounds familiar.  

Geoff always said to me "remember that Shwarzeneggar guy and what he said - I'll be back".  Like the new photo even though it's sideways.  But then, isn't life ?

Adios, David.

Dear Geoff,

Good to have you back.   A Jack Russell called Moo-Moo ?     I have a Jack Russell friend locally who called their Jack Rusell..............er, Jack.  I'd say Moo-Moo is better.

The way you described putting the carpet on the steps so Tessie wouldn't fall off was wonderful.

Adios, David.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Cinta, thank you so much.

Tessie was the love of my life, and everybody I know are devastated for my loss. L Geoff. x

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Neil, your not at all, it's great to have you back with us. Geoff.

giggles
Community Member

HI Geoff

I enjoyed reading about your love and care of Tessie and all the thoughtful things you did for her it was so cute.Thank you for that it brought a warmth to me today.

My dog is called Jack he is a Jackrussel crossed with a mini fox I bet David will have a comment about that (relating to his post about Jack) Its funny how names come to us like the children we have while it is obvious with the jackrussel thing it so suits his personality hey.

He loves to sit next to me on my armchair and sometimes I do not even realize he got up which is funny because he is bigger than a JR more medium sized.

I know better than to mention ball around him he will get it and roll it at me waiting for me to throw it.Hilarious when my daughters dog a collie sits on me as well though with my Jack.My kids call me Nana when they came with her with comments 'Come to Nana' cheeky buggers.

All good though I am about to become a real one anyway so giggle Nana will do,

Yes it is true Geoff we never forget  I have this with my last dog and all the pussy's I have had over the years I am down to just one now though and am not planning to expand that anytime soon.Except perhaps fostering with the RSPSA.

All the best Geoff so pleased you are back to continue posting.

Giggles

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear Geoff,

I am in the wrong area but it's Friday night so anything goes.  Just wanted to express wonder at your recent post in christacat.   Saying comprehensive stuff in an easy way.  Very masterful.

Now go walk Moo Moo, dog of the year.

Adios, David.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Giggles, lovely thanks.

I used to give Tessie a squash ball and when it broke in half it looked like a mouth guard.

I have bought Moo-Moo a small bed, but she wouldn't sleep in it so I put it on a coffee table and was going to return it for something else, but guess what now she is sleeping on it on the coffee table.

I still believe that I need lots of little Jack Russells to replace my Tessie, but as time passes my love for F-Troop will grow stronger. L Geoff. x