FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I lost my husband. My best friend. We have been together for 18 years and we worked 24 / 7

Saddepressed-alone
Community Member

My husband died on the 14th April from a stroke (2).  We have worked and been together 24 / 7 the whole time.  Yesterday would have been our 19th Anniversary. I was not paying attention as was in hospital  to dates but then found out about yesterday.  I still can not look at our photos.

I feed awful I wasn't ready for this first mile stone.

i just want to join him.

1 Reply 1

Summer Rose
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Saddepressed-al… 

I’m so sorry for your loss and understand how difficult passing through this milestone must be for you. It’s really tough. Hugs to you.

People grieve in different ways, there is no right or wrong and certainly no timetable. Milestone come hard even as you heal. I don’t think anyone is ever ready for the flood of emotions.

But it will get better. For now you need to get through.
From my experience, I have found keeping busy helps, as does exercise. It helps to be able to sleep if your body’s tired.

I understand not being able to look at photos, but am wondering if you feel ready to talk to him? A lot of people talk to the dead (including me) and you don’t have to go to his final resting place to do it. In my belief system I know that my departed loved ones can hear me and it brings me great comfort.

If that sounds strange to you, perhaps you can start a journal and write down your feelings. The act of putting pen to paper is a release.

Please post any time if you feel like it and let us know how you are going. 
Kind thoughts to you