FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

how can i live without my cat

Giggyy
Community Member

my cat was my best friend for 12 years and passed away so suddenly that it doesnt feel real, i cant cope well with my emotions due to autism and i dont know what to do- my cat kept me alive through severe depression and now i do not know what to do. how can i accept something like this? - ive been holding her blanket and listening to purring sounds online to pretend shes still here because i cannot accept it, my brain will not let me acknowledge it

please help

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Giggyy,

Thank you for sharing this with the community here - we hear you, losing a pet can be devastating, we're so sorry for your loss.

Please know that we’re here for you. If you'd like to talk this through with the Beyond Blue Support Service, you can reach us directly on 1300 22 4636 or online. Another option is reaching out to Griefline, available between 8am and 8pm on 1300 845 745. They also have some great advice on coping with the loss of a pet here.

We're sure we'll hear from some of the community once someone spots your post, but in the meantime, maybe you’d like to share with the community any ideas you’ve had to help remember or commemorate her?

Kind regards, 

Sophie M