FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Cancer sucks

Centaured
Community Member
I spoke to my mum today. She's talking about his will and affairs. I can't handle it. I miss him. I haven't seen him in years due to covid and he's about to die. Like really soon. I don't want my step-dad to go, I'm selfish, it's not even about me, he's in agony so why can't I say goodbye.
4 Replies 4

Sophia16
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi,

Thank you for sharing how you feel. It sounds like you are going through an extremely difficult time right now and it is very hard for you to cope. Cancer does suck. You have been extremely strong for getting through it all and you should be very proud of yourself.

Take your time to decide on what you want to do.

Stay safe and i am always here to chat.

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Centaured,

Thank you for sharing. It's understandable that you're having a hard time saying goodbye to someone you love. I don't think it's selfish, rather it shows how much you care.

Have you talked to your mum about how you're feeling? It could be helpful to share how you feel and perhaps support each other through this difficult time. As Sophia16 mentioned above, take your time. Be patient with yourself as you deal with everything.

Sending love,

Beeee

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Centaured,

I’m sorry that your step dad is about to pass I understand this would be so hard.

I can feel the love you have for him.

I believe people who are close to passing just want to feel loved in the moment.

Maybe you could express your love to him in some way. ?

Its always hard to say goodbye but maybe it’s not a goodbye for ever…. Until next time.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Centaured, it's awful when you want to see someone who has an illness but you can't, but the restrictions here in Australia have now been relaxed, so there might be a chance you are able to see him, especially under these circumstances.

If he also wants to talk with you, then I would be doing my best for this to happen.

Geoff.