FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Thank you

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear BB Administrators

Thank you for your emails. It's nice to know you care enough to monitor the messages. I have tried to be hopeful about myself and to respond to the people who write in here but I feel I only give the wrong messages. I cannot respond to other people's problems anymore. All I do is cry over their pain. I cannot even manage my own difficulties.

I don't know what I am going to do. I am hanging on to see my GP and ask for some help. Maybe she can help me live with what I feel is a gross betrayal.

Mary

11 Replies 11

Hello Everyone

Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragement. I expect you all know how how heartening it is when people offer support and comfort and I have needed this for the past few weeks. I really did not expect such responses. As someone said, it's part of depression to feel bad about yourself and to feel a failure.

I saw my GP yesterday and we had a long talk. She is so straight forward about life and I trust her implicitly. My distress is about trusting someone who betrayed my confidence. I know this is a fairly common occurrence, but this is a professional person who should have known better.

I have pretty well decided what I am going to do, walk away, but it's hard. Sounds stupid to have any hesitation under the circumstances, but then the whole matter is so painful and I want to feel cared for. I know that if I stay I will not feel cared for any longer so it really is pointless to remain. It still feels gut wrenching to go.

So I am grieving big time about this loss and it hurts so much. I know eventually it will all go away if I just hold on and keep my thoughts occupied in other directions. The trouble of course is that our thoughts jump in at the most inconvenient times and can be so devastating.

So I may not be around for a while under I can smile again. Serendipitously I was given the poem below a couple of days ago and although it made me weep I do see the point.

The Guest House.

this being human is a guest house.

every morning a new arrival.

a joy, a depression, a meanness,

some momentary awareness comes

as an unexpected visitor.

welcome and entertain them all!

even if they are a crowd of sorrows,

who violently sweep your house

empty of its furniture,

still, treat each guest honourably.

he may be clearing you out

for some new delight.

the dark thought, the shame, the malice,

meet them at the door laughing,

and invite them in.

be grateful for whoever comes,

because each has been sent

as a guide from beyond.

Thank you all

Mary

Dear Mary,

Thanks for sharing that amazingly insightful poem with us. I agree with you that thoughts can come into our mind so randomly, and often unwanted at inappropriate times.

I'm pleased you have a GP whom you can trust and talk to honestly about issues. We all need someone we can trust who we feel will do their best for us. Everyone requires the feeling of being needed, accepted and loved, I hope you are able to receive those emotions and take them on board.

You know how to contact everyone here, so when you need to or want to, the BB community and family will be here, ready to welcome you back and accept all you wish to share with us.

Depression is quite a journey with its ups and downs.

Thinking of you, From Mrs. Dools