FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Job loss and pregnancy

RM89
Community Member

Hello,  

This past week I lost my job, fired for misconduct. I believe it’s been a total misunderstanding and fighting it. I’ve been there for 10 years and put everything in it. I loved my role and I feel like I’ve lost who I am. My income, all of my hard work, I’ve just put so much of myself into the place. Worse thing is, I’m 10 weeks pregnant. I’ve barely been eating or sleeping and cry all day. I have 2 other children and a supportive husband but I don’t know how I’m going to get through this. I’ve lost all stability, future maternity leave etc. I feel so broken and lost, I can’t function. What do I do?

1 Reply 1

Beeee
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello RM89,

Unfairly losing a job you have dedicated 10 years of your life to whilst also pregnant, must surely be a difficult circumstance to find yourself in. I'm so sorry this has happened, but I'm glad to hear that you are fighting it. It's also that great that you have your husband supporting you. Having a support network during times of stress can be so important to help you get through it. Have you talked to him about how you're feeling? Perhaps he can take on some extra work around the home to help you get some rest. 

Life can take unexpected paths, perhaps losing your job could be seen as an opportunity to follow a new path or take a break for a few months to focus on yourself and your pregnancy. I can understand how this situation has made you feel lost, you might also take the opportunity now to find a new identity. What other passions do you have? What else is important to you?

Wishing the best,

Beeee