FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

How are you coping with your thoughts today?

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi All,

Each moment of every day, we have thoughts darting around in our minds. When I stop to consider the ramblings that are occurring, I realise just how much negativity and destruction is sometimes involved in my thought process. If I leave these thoughts unchecked, allow them to proceed further, if I don't acknowledge of challenge them, I can soon find myself struggling mentally.

How do you proceed once you realise your thoughts and mind are drifting off to a place you would rather not be?

71 Replies 71

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey Dools, I can relate to what you're saying. Wow have I had to work with the most vindictive, spiteful people in my time! 

And I survived and still survive lol. 

There is NO other way for me than to ignore ignore ignore. I ignore nasty comments as much as possible. 
I do address some .... in very short responses. 
"No. That's not what I said. I said X" then ignore. 

But my key is concentrating on EVERYTHING and everyone ELSE at work. The ones who sit on the fence lol.. my clients. Other people who come in from other Agencies. The Cleaners are AWESOME! I always make friends with the cleaners! 

Spend more time interacting with anyone else than them. 

Getting the % up on OTHER exchanges can diminish the people who shall not be nameds' % in our minds - over time. 

Dools I blatantly REFUSE to let them see me upset. 
Tbh I usually chuckle at their nastiness and have a surprised look on my face. 

For c11y at this workplace I STILL compliment a person's something... shoes, new haircut whatever... and chuckle when they stonewall me. 
Yah taking the HIGH road helps. 
I don't care what they think. 
I REFUSE to lower my standards.  
They don't pay me! 

Love EM

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Gosh Dools, I'd use the opportunity of the house sale, take my 50% and run like blazers lol! 

Before we beat ourselves up with the depression diagnosis all the time, we need to look around and weigh up if it's whether we're just surrounded by aholes. 

I make it my own service to BLOCK. 
Boundaries are a wonderful thing. 

How am I coping with my thoughts today? 
I'm great!  

REALLY difficult day at work and coped with the lot! Others were super stressed but I just went with the flow, pretty much breezing through lol. 

My Chiro basically fixed a weird physical issue in my salivary gland this afternoon... I KNOW! This man is a miracle worker! I used all these natural remedies he would have suggested and they really helped. 20y of seeing this man, I can almost INVOKE his advice lol! 

I understand what the talk has been about here on this thread with people sending you positive texts. It could feel that you're not being heard or validated. People could also be consistently trying to bring you out of cycles of negative thought patterns? 
Indeed these can be changed. It takes effort and persistence. 

I'm on the forums due to my multiple MH diagnoses, losing my extended family due to DV & FV and seeking answers here.
I have.
It's awesome!
My life is difficult, sure, it's also incredibly rewarding beyond my hopes 10y ago. 

I am Blessed. 
I have Hope and Hope anchors the soul. 

Praying for change for those struggling. 
Lots of love 
EMxxxx

I'm not on the forums because I can't control my thoughts. I can.