FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Going on claim

cant-think-of-a-name
Community Member

Hi all,

looking for some guidance from others.

ive been dealing with depression for a number of years now, and been on meds and saw psychiatrist for medications.

im still just constantly feeling flat, foggy in the head and just seem to get no enjoyment from things.

I’ve started feeling like I need to take a step back from work to focus on myself more.

I struggle getting through the day at work and I have to start studying again soon, which is already stressing me out. Last time I was doing study I was in a really bad place and started having bad thoughts. I’ve been putting off studies but have to start soon.

those who went on an income protection claim, how was your overall state? Am I being too dramatic about it?

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi cant-think-of-a-name, 

It sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, and you’re coping with a lot. We’re sorry to hear you’re feeling this way and are having a hard time with the thoughts you’re having.   Well done for opening up here, we’re sure you'll hear from our community on your thread soon. In the meantime, here’s some resources you could take a look at:  If you want to talk this through with a Beyond Blue counsellor, please give the helpline a ring on 1300 22 4636 or use the webchat to speak to them.  Thanks again for sharing. Our community is really kind and understanding, we think they’ll have some really helpful advice and perspectives and feel free to update us at anytime.

Kind regards, 

Sophie M