FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feel tired

Marley
Community Member

I suffer depression and anxiety but doing ok (I think).

I just quit my job and had to go there today to handover.  After leaving I have no regrets and wonder how I lasted so long. I feel an immense sense of freedom from this.  I am not thinking about another job yet, too hard too confronting.  I'm taking some me time.

My only problem is I still feel rather unmotivated at times and feel tired by 12.30, feeling I need some rest time before collecting kids.  Is this making lazy habits laying on my bed just resting - I rarely sleep.  It feels like a time waster but Is sooooo peaceful. 

2 Replies 2

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Dear Marley,

It's been a week since you quit your job / handed over.  How are you travelling now ?

I often crash for an hour after lunch (mainly to conteract my 2am bed time).  Even Margaret Thatcher used a power nap to get through her busy schedule.  I don't think it's a bad thing.  Once the kids come home after school it's pretty tough for 3 hrs.  Why don't you listen to music whilst "resting".  At least your mind will have something to focus on without getting too anxious about the day.

Good Luck with other jobs.   Looking after kids is a job in itself.  I was a house husband for a while and people used to think I was watching daytime tv all day and ordering pizza.   I had a similar friend in this position and he used to photograph the clean toilet and post it on Facebook.   Kind of quirky but funny.  Take that !

Adios, David.

PS  It's unusual not to be responded to for over a week - sorry about that.  Probably the new system has had a few of these but I've caught you on other threads.

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Marley, no go for it, and as David Charles has said listen to the radio, I used to do this every night when I was depressed, and I cried at songs that I loved. Back in those times I used to live 'normal' hours or sort of.

Now I need a sleep at 11 am and take the phone off the hook, as I have been up for 10 hours, crazy hours I live and people always have a go at me for keeping these hours that don't fall into the 'normal' hour slot, so I say why do you go to bed at 10pm every night, BECAUSE THAT'S THE HOURS I KEEP, so I then say exactly the same back to them.

Chances of meeting someone that lives those hours is 1 in 1000, but then my puppies don't complain. Geoff.