FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

fed up with most things

shrimper
Community Member

work is getting mean to me, my wifes overseas. im alone and cant see point in life. sorry it its an old cliche

4 Replies 4

Sophie_M
Hi shrimper,  It sounds like things are pretty hard, and you’re coping with a lot. We’re sorry to hear you’re feeling this way and are having a hard time with the critical thoughts you’re having.   Well done for opening up here. It’s really difficult to be open and articulate about how you’re feeling and what might be aggravating it. Lots of people on the forums find that sharing is an early step on the journey towards feeling better. We’re sure we’ll hear from them on your thread soon. In the meantime, here’s some resources you could take a look at:  If you want to talk this through with a Beyond Blue counsellor, please give the helpline a ring on 1300 22 4636 or use the webchat to speak to them.  Another option would be ringing Lifeline (13 11 14) or the Suicide Call Back Service (1300 659 467), which can sit with you in these feelings and help you to plan for your safety.   If you’re feeling suicidal or are having thoughts about harming yourself, it's important that you take immediate steps to keep safe. If you feel unable to keep yourself from acting on your thoughts about suicide or self-harm this is an emergency, and you need to call 000 (triple zero).    Thanks again for sharing. Our community is really kind and understanding, we think they’ll have some really helpful advice and perspectives.   Kind regards,  Sophie M 

Fern42
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Shrimper,

I can see how fed up you are right now and I am sorry to hear you are going through this at the moment. I hope that you have a good relationship with your wife and things might start to ease once she is home again?

Challenges in many areas in your life can certainly make you feel so alone, I am not surprised by that. But it is wonderful you have reached out to the beyondblue community. I am not sure if you want to talk more about what's going on for you in your work place, but we are certainly here to be a listening ear.

yours_truly
Community Member

Hi Shrimper,

Please don’t say that your issues are a cliche. You must know that everyone’s issues are valid and they are indeed real and difficult to live with. Life gets tough sometimes and dealing with it gets harder. It’s wonderful that you have taken a step in trying to deal with that and have reached out. Check out the services beyond blue offers other than just the forums!! Those are wonderful and provide individual help and advice. Even though these main things in your life are not working the specific way you would like them to, try changing your perspective and starting from the little things you have right now!!

kindly,

yours_truly 

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear shrimper,

Can I offer you a very warm and caring welcome to our forums..

I’m so very sorry your feeling lonely and like there’s no point in your life…

I have felt that way before a few times…but then I remember my family, my friends, my pets and know that there is a reason for my life…you also have many different reasons for being alive….One I can say straight away is that you’ve come to our forums and now your a beautiful part of our community…and are very cared for by us here…

I’m wondering if you could ring your wife and talk to her about how you’re feeling…Maybe talk to your supervisor/s about how mean you’re work has become towards you and see if things there can be changed…bullying in a work place is unacceptable….not sure if that’s happening to you…or if it’s another issue…only share what you feel you want to share…

Please let us know how you’re feeling today, if you feel up to it….We are here to help support you through this hard time your having….the best we can..

Thinking of you with kindness and care Dear shrimpy….and sending you a gentle caring hug 🤗….(if that’s okay)..

Grandy..