FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Another Job Bites the Dust :(

Cookiebelle
Community Member

Back in 2018 I had a severe shoulder injury at work and had to go on workcover.  That was a very horrible time as they (WC) do all they can to 'rehabilitate" one and get one back to any kind of occupation.  I was bullied and traumatised and I ended up having surgery.  The surgery was terrible and I suffered enormously. Meanwhile the other shoulder was injured through over use. 

Since then I have tried to get back into the workforce  numerous times.  Because of my injuries I simply cannot do any work at all that involves using my arms!  Which is pretty much everything!  I just resigned  from my new job as the work exacerbated my injuries and I am now in constant pain and wondering what I can do next.

I am so upset and over this.  I know certain people (family) think I am exaggerating.  I have gone over and beyond to try to find a job that doesn't cause issues but there are none.  I feel I am totally useless and will be claiming TPD next week for a paltry sum.  I have no choice.  I know that will make certain people think badly of me again.  They are not living with this.  The constant pain and agony...having to be mindful of every da.. thing I do...the sleepless nights and overuse of pain killers...I feel my life is finished to be honest. 

All I wish for is to receive the lousy TPD and just be able to live a calm and peaceful life.  I am in my late fifties and I have always felt I won't live very long.  I would just like my last years to be stress free.  Other than my beloved pet and son (adult) I have no life.  I do not like people very much as I have been used and abused by so many.  I just want a quiet existence.  Is that too much to ask?  

I find everything nowadays to be just rubbish and horrible anyway.  People have become ridiculous with their social media and there seems very few who are legitimately decent humans.  I think the World has gone to sh...  anyway so really have no desire to be here other than to be here for my two beloveds.

1 Reply 1

Sophie_M
Hi Cookiebelle

We've heard from you a few times lately, and we really hear how tough it has been for you - chronic pain, single parent issues, work, finances, etc... it really sounds like you've been going through such an overwhelming and difficult journey.

We know we can't be there for you physically, but we can be here for you emotionally. Our beautiful online community will continue to be here for you, please don't feel as though you are totally alone - we are here!

Have you called to speak to one of our fabulous telephone counsellors yet? We have recommended you to call a few times and we really mean it. We have trained counsellors available on the phones 1300 22 4636 (or via online chat) 24/7, and it's free and confidential. Sometimes we need to talk, and apart from sharing and being supported here, we'd really love to know you're really being heard.

Keep on posting, sharing and contributing.

Kind regards,

Sophie M