FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

A stress free birthday for Geoff ?

The_Real_David_Charles
Community Member

Did all those social anxieties get held at bay ?   The grand daughter lose her nappy ?   The twin brother reveal the secret of his slimness ?   It's possible, even with the usual family problems and frustrations, to put aside the birthday flux and actually enjoy each other's company.   I like the fact that you took a day off responding (Geoff's a long termer - 7 years - he is coming up for parole in 3 more years.  Lol).  It was  nice that you gave time to yourself and bade Beyondblue to the back shelf for a day.  I'm sure the mods got chance to have a second cup of coffee.

I don't know what happened to me this weekend but I was anxiety free and even stood my ground at the dog park with a most bullying type of owner.   I find the only problem with altercations is I can't tell if I'm being normal or if someone is sneakily saying "He's pyscho" behind my back.  Then I replay the conversation for a few hours to annoy myself !  Sometimes it's not worth having a barny with someone - they'll forget it by dinner and I'll still be rolling it around my head all night.

Maybe that's why I respond so much - other people's worries drown out my own.  The best way to get a better perspective is to listen to another persons problems.  I don't know, there's never a dull moment on BB.

Adios, David.

PS  And 128 is a good age my friend.  Lol.

4 Replies 4

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear David Charles, my friend, thanks a heap.

It my have been ESP that flew through all these internet wires that made you have an anxiety free day, or maybe hypnosis, it doesn't matter as long as you too had a good time.

Little Marcie actually grabbed my finger which would have been enormous for her, but she still has to get used to my moustache, as I can remember an uncle long in the tooth giving me a kiss, as a very young kid and it was scratchy and itchy, yukky.

I had to go the bank and I could hear her calling my name 'Grugie', because I didn't want to be called pop or grand-dad, still too young for that, plus she has a doll called Minnie and then Moo-Moo.

My son and I had good long talk, and as he said he has no one else to talk to like we did, so it cleared a few cobwebs out for him.

I tried to hook up BB on my iphone but had more trouble than mandrake, so I gave up, but really enjoyed the day, and thankfully didn't get booked for speeding again.  Geoff.

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Happy belated birthday to you Geoff

i hope you had a nice day.

take care

Jo

vip
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Happy birthday Geoff  October is a popular month I have just celebrated my sons on the 7th and now my husband is on the 18th hope you had a great day. x

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Jo, thanks very much. Take care. L Geoff. x