FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Winter's coming!

BigB
Community Member

Hi Everyone

Winter is on its way and are we ready for it?

I am certainly not a winter person but then I am not a summer person now either. I have seem to have changed over the years and become more liking to Autumn and Spring, I actually do not know why. Maybe someone could help me understand it or just some local advise. Either way it is nice to be back at the BB Café and have a cuppa with my freinds. By the way those cookies look nice after all that chocolate we have had, how was Easter for you guys?

5 Replies 5

HamSolo01
Community Member

Honestly @BigB I am kinda looking forward to it. I spent a lot more time at the beach this past summer than I ever have. Got sunburnt a few times too. So I am looking forward to cooler weather and sunny days. Today for example is actually close to perfect - I love when it's a cool air temp but also sunny. It's fresh. Autumn is probably my new fav similar to yourself. 

Btw I don't believe I've met you - good to meet you either way. I have been on the forums for a number of years but just haven't been around that much lately. Hoping that changes and I think this thread could be a start!

My easter was good thanks. I did work over the whole weekend, but had yesterday and today off. I went to a church for the first time in years - a catholic church in fact and saw the ceremony take place. My partner came with me - who is a non-observant muslim and she enjoyed the small part she saw (she was late in arriving due to study lol). I'm not actually catholic myself but I am interested in the divine and the history of christianity. So easter this year was quite different because I was doing something about it in the end. haha. 

See you around ! I do hope you had a good break. 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello BigB & HanSolo

BigB, I' don't think I've met you before either. I hope I'll see you around BB.

Great to see you again, HanSolo. I hope you've been well, & to see you around, too.

Every year, I seem to hate Summer when it gets hot & humid. Then I hate Winter when it gets cold & dry enough for lots of static electricity to zap me. I dislike being sweaty. I dislike my feet feeling freezing. I get anxious about severe thunderstorms. The glare of bright sunlight bothers my eyes.

& Spring & Autumn seem way too short.

All I did for Easter was to have some hot cross buns, edit a picture for my desktop & to play around in the BB Cafe, & a few other places here, with the word games, or giving more virtual mmMarshmallow Bunnies.

I still have some, so you are welcome to help yourself - mind you don't drop them; they are bouncy as basket balls. 

I'm not religious at all. I just want to have a bit of fun, hopefully bring a smile or maybe some laughter to someone who is in need of a little pick-me-up.

Oh, sorry, BigB, I don't know if there is a 'why' for our seasonal preferences to change. 

Hugzies

mmMekitty

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi BigB,

It certainly is! Easter was a short burst of Autumn weather which was nice, but now it's stormy and raining! Summer is refreshing when it first comes, but after a while the heat is exhausting! Same with Winter, too cold for me!

How was your Easter?

Jaz xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello BigB, with winter and summer we get the extreme cold or heat, but with autumn and spring we only get minor temperature changes, so it's not so extreme, perhaps that's the reason.

Geoff.

Life Member.

HamSolo01
Community Member

Hey folks 

I do hope you're all going along swimmingly. 

Past few days here have been quite wet to say the least.

I kinda like it but I can see myself getting si k of it. 

Fortunately I haven't got work over this weekend and so will be spending it with and at my partners place ad her room mate is out if town. 

Planning on cooking up some good food though! 

I believe it is the simple things in life that matter the most. Without these we can get caught up in the complexities of modern life. I think it is a good idea to at least check in on oneself every now and again and make sure we don't get caught in a world of stress and anxiety triggered by the things we don't need in life bu that have masked themselves as things that we think we need - for me its usually coffee, excess money, material possessions, thinking too much about challenges I am facing in life or work or similar. Such a focus is not consistent with a healthy inner self and tbh in this day and age I find myself needing to retreat into my solitude to calm down and really take stock.

On that note I bid you all a good day and see you around