FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What is one positive thing that happened to you or you learnt in 2022?

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Many say how 2022  has been full of bad and negative things. I know I have had many sad things happen this year. 

Also there have been happy positive things happen in our lives and was hoping you could share one or two.

They can be small or bug, or something that was important to you. 

For me , I went in a plane In first quarter of year , which was Horst time in 4 years.

I was nervous but I went. 

Your turn share something positive from your life in 2022. 

8 Replies 8

Willow Jude
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thanks for this thread quirkywords! I love how you wrote about being nervous to go on the plane but still doing it 🙂

This year I got a new diagnosis which helped me to feel validated, find people whose experiences I can relate to, and finally understand what I've been going through for a good chunk of my life. Of course receiving a diagnosis comes with its own challenges, but it's definitely been an overall helpful experience for me. 

I'm excited to see what positive things other forum members have had happening this year! 

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What a great topic Quirky! I look forward to reading people’s positive experiences too. And Willow Jude I’m glad you received the helpful diagnosis and feel validated. It’s great to be able to make sense of things.

Mine was overcoming a major breathing difficulty that had been debilitating for a long time. It was trauma-related and my psychologist helped me work through the trauma somatically and then the breathing healed itself. It’s amazing as I went from only being able to do 5 minutes of gardening to begin able to keep going for an hour or more. I can go for decent walks and walk up my stairs without having to stop several times. It’s like having my life back again. So much more feels possible in 2023 now.

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Quirky & all.

While life continues, so they don't fade away into insignificance, I think it is very important to acknowledge these positive milestones in our live & to actively take note of them.

I've been talking about some changes in my life for a while here on BB, which are relevant to this Discussion.

One really good thing for me from 2022 was feeling I finally get it: I can treat myself better & doing so is literally 'caring for myself', so I feel I can, & have made several changes to my eating habits, & am doing more exercise, with the goal in mind of becoming a healthier & fitter person. I understand, doing whatever I can to achieve this as an ongoing goal for my life, will have mental health benefits, too.

& it feels good to care for myself, by choosing healthier things to eat & do.

Whenever I feel I'm about to deprive myself if I don't have some unhealthy food, (at least), I have an answer for that, which is: I turn the word 'treat' on its head, saying, an unhealthy treat does not treat me well.

So, my mindset has had to change as well.

I'm telling myself. too, when I am sitting, bored, feeling I have nothing to do - yes I do: I can get up & exercise. That too, is caring for myself.

I can be proud to care for myself. & that's a new thought in my head, too!

Thanks, Quirky, for the Discussion topic.

mmMekitty

Willow Jude 

thanks for your comment. 
I hope the new diagnosis helps you.

all the best for 2023

Eagleray

thanks for sharing your experience about overcoming a major breathing difficulty. 

Mmkitty

I like the way you have learnt to care for yourself .

thanks for all your posts.

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

PROGRESS

I am now ten days into 2023.

I think I will focus on the positives now.