FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What are you streaming now?

Healing heart
Community Member
I'm watching Downtown Abbey
76 Replies 76

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Healing heart~

I'm glad you are finding something to take your mind off things, I find a book, movie or TV show can be something to look forward to and take me away from an unpleasant life for a little while

I watched the Phryne Fisher movie on the weekend and am just starting back looking at the series again (which I think was better than the movie:)

Croix

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hi Healing heart and Croix.

Interesting thread. I don't watch much TV or movies, I don't have Netflix or things to stream like that. I have Foxtel though.

Any suggestions anyone?

Tayla

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Tayla (with a wave to Healing Heart)~

Actually I don't stream except SBS and ABC, I tend to buy box sets of DVDs really cheap from a second hand place I know, also thrift shops like City Mission. Surprising what you can pick up.

Croix

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Croix.

That's interesting, I've bought CDs from places like that, interesting. Box Sets are good too, I only have 1 though for my favourite show, a British comedy from the 70s

Tayla

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Tayla~

OK, I give up, which British comedy from the 70's? My favorite was Yes (Prime) Minister.

Croix

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Croix, sorry I should've mentioned that. I've heard of that show, I like a few British comedies.

The one I have on Box Set, aswell as the Movie, is Are You Being Served?, I've loved that since I was young, I'm 20 now. Always makes me laugh. I've also watched the sequel, Grace And Favour (Are You Being Served Again?) on Youtube but I've been trying to find the DVD that will play in Australia.

I also like Keeping Up Appearances, Fawlty Towers, stuff like that. You?

Tayla

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Tayla~

I guess I'd have to qualify for young Mr Grace ("You've all done very well"). I never saw the sequel series but enjoyed the original.

I like a lot of that era, I'm afraid though Fawlty Towers is a little cruel for me, but that's just me. As for Hyacinth Bucket , well I always felt sorry for John "Mind the pedestrian John" but loved Onslow.

Patricia Routledge was very capable, I enjoyed her in "Hetty Wainthropp Investigates" too.

Croix

Guest_4643
Community Member

Hey Croix, nice to hear that we have similar tastes!

Tayla

I recently finished watching all the available 'Vikings' season - AGAIN ! (seen the entire series 3 times now).

I am about to dust off 'Sopranos' boxset and begin the awesome journey on that again. So good.

CS 🙂