FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sharing music!

lemonyb
Community Member

Hey 🙂 Just a little something for people to share their favourite tunes.

I've always been a massive music listener, and I'm normally content with the music I regularly listen to and know, but lately I've found that because I've been listening to it all so much (out of boredom), I've been wanting to find some new artists and styles to dive into. I also have ALOT of art homework to get done, so looking for things to listen to as I work. I'm up for any suggestions, but I'm super into any kind of hard rock, metal or alternative music!

A few songs I'm really enjoying right now are:

The Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

This House - Hazen

Scream - Breakaway

Visions - Bring Me The Horizon

Another Life - Motionless In White

Feel free to share some of your favourites here, and I hope you're all doing well ❤️

19 Replies 19

SunnySideUp101
Community Member

This is such a great idea! @lemonb

Although I'm not quite into rock, I listened to the songs you are currently listening to. I have to say, I do prefer Queen and Evanescence. However, 'This House' by Hazen was nice and I added it to my spotify playlist. 'Scream' by Break Away was good too.

Wow, yeah, I'm studying pop voice and jazz music theory actually. So, I have a tonne of theory homework to get done too! You'll get through it, I promise!

Ok, so some pop/rnb artists and pop songs I thought you might like or for anyone who likes alternate/rock/metal:

-Jessie Reyez 'Shutter Island'

- Airspoken (a trio and one of the dude's is rock singer who screams and everything) 'Pain' --> an original i think

- Ariana Grande 'Only 1'

Songs I've been listening to:

- Ariana G 'NASA'

- Frank Sinatra 'That's Life', 'Fly Me to the Moon',

- JoJo 'Little Too Late', 'High Heels' (whole album)

- Lolo 'Ride' (basically her whole Album 'High Highs to Low Lows')

-Black Pink/Dua Lipa - 'Kiss and Make Up'

- Celine Dion 'Taking Chances'

- Demi Lovato 'Lionheart'

Just wanted to share some more music! For me, music makes life a lot better. ❤️

Hope you're all staying safe.

xx

Nico_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi lemonyb!

Great thread idea!

My taste is pretty open and eclectic but I predominantly listen to tribal beats, techno, jazz, funk and soul.

Some of my favorite artists include...

Fat Freddy's Drop (amazing soul/jazz/rhythm/blues all-rounder), Porangui (incredible tribal beats that will take you on a journey), DAVI (tech house), Metodi Hristov (techno), Bon Iver (indie folk), Christian Smith (techno), Air (downtempo electronica), Nightmares On Wax (triphop), Stavroz (dance/elctronic), Richie Hawtin (techno), Bonobo (downtempo electronica) and Be Svendsen (journey beats).

Hope you all enjoy!

Nico

Hi Sunnysideup

I'd have to agree that music really does make life a whole lot better! 🙂

I had a listen to the songs you mentioned and I particularly liked Airspoken's music in general and Demi Lovato's Lionheart. The rest wasn't really for me but I enjoyed exploring new genres and I hope other people that see your post have a listen to them themselves!

lemonyb
Community Member

Hey Nico B!

I've honestly never heard of any of those artists, and I've never really listened to much of any of those genres myself, but they all sound interesting and I'll be sure to give them a listen while I complete some work tomorrow 🙂

Nico_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Awesome lemonyb!

To get a bit more specific I'd recommend these albums to try out...

- Fat Freddy's Drop (Blackbird / Dr Boondigga And The Big BW / Based On A True Story)

- Porangui (Porangui - self titled album / Porangui Remixes Vol II - if you want something more upbeat)

- Air (Moon Safari)

- Nightmares On Wax (N.O.W. Is The Time)

- Bonobo (The North Borders / Black Sands)

Should be some pleasant listening!

Nico

Lilly18
Community Member
Nick B,
I love the artists you have listed. I just cranked fat freddies drop this morning :)
Followed by artillery-infected mushroom and the sum of it all- the hard.
salmonella Dub, oka, Tijuana cartel, dub marine, Tom cosm, I have seen them live.
I love music so much

Nico_B
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Love that Lilly18, great stuff!

Infected Mushroom was an old favorite of mine back in the day, nice list 🙂

Nico

Hi all - Agreed, music can be such a positive lifeline at times. My rather mixed list of favourites.....

Don't you worry child (Swedish House Mafia), Raindrops (Sash), Dirty Talk (Wynter Gordon), Whataya want from me (Adam Lambert), Landslide (Fleetwood Mac), Before I Forget (Slipknot), Rotting in vain (Korn), Beautiful People (Chris Brown), The Beautiful People (Marilyn Manson), Buck Dich (Rammstein), Faint (Linkin Park), Gypsy (Fleetwood Mac), Every song ever made by Enya, Sweet Lullaby (Deep Forest), Children (Robert Miles).

Of course there is more! Thank goodness for music.

Hope you are all well, CS xo

IPlay
Community Member
Powfu - Death Bed
This songs lyrics just hits home too hard