FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Sending Christmas Cards

BlueArt
Community Member

Hi everyone!

Not sure if I'm in the right spot but thought I'd post in here just in case. So Christmas is coming up and I know how hard it can be for some people, those who are lonely or separated from their family this year. I wanted to send out Christmas cards to people to help brighten spirits and just give that little bit of kindness this year. I have seen in other countries services that have people sign up and send out Christmas cards to those on a list so you get their name etc and then send them out, but I can't seem to find anywhere in Australia that does this. Have you guys heard of any services like this in Aus, preferably QLD? Or know of another way I can send some out?

Edit. I am also considering calling nursing homes to see if they have any residents who don't receive anything at Christmas time

1 Reply 1

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi BlueArt,

Thank you for your post. This is such a lovely idea and so generous of you.

I've had a search too and haven't found anything specific, but I think part of this is because there's not enough people like yourself who want to commit the time and energy for this.

I wonder if it might be worth finding an organisation that resonates with you and giving them a call or sending an email to see if they would like some Christmas cards. Nursing homes can absolutely be an option, but you can also try places like hospitals or respite (asylum seekers/homeless shelters).

Whatever you decide to do, I'm sure they will be extremely grateful. Feel free to let us know how you get on.

rt