FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

QUOTES

BobMarley
Community Member

EMANCIPATE YOURSELF FROM MENTAL SLAVERY NONE BUT OURSELVES CAN FREE OUR MINDS..

22 Replies 22

Carmela
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

A good one leading into Christmas - 

'As we grow older, our Christmas list get shorter, because the things that really matter can't be bought'.

Unknown

thanks tragic dogma

im glad you like the quote, ive recalled it often over the years to help keep myself on track. I guess it is open to interpretation. for me the meaning is closer to your second one you mention in your post. I used substances heavily for a long time to deal with my depression and anxiety and as an addict did things I regret, knowing this as well as knowing I was avoiding facing my problems eventually forced me to see that I was avoiding "manning up" by essentially making a "beast" of myself.

The unlived life is not worth examining. (scotchfinger Jan. 2016)

He who laughs last, laughs last.

That's all.

You think anxiety is bad? You should try depression.

Better to be rich and miserable than poor and miserable.

hamington
Community Member

"the edge.. there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are the ones who have gone over". Hunter S Thompson

I may be mentally ill, but I'm not stupid.

You call that a job? Now this is a job!

Religion is an opiate for the masses and I have always been fond of drugs.

I forgot what I was going to say, oh yeah now I remember.

It is better to have hated and won, than to have loved and lost. No , it is better to have lost 6-0 than never to never have played tennis at all.

It is better to be loved than to love but don't get attached, it might vanish one day.

Just because you're unhappy today, doesn't mean you won't be unhappy tomorrow.