FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for Friends!!

Janey42
Community Member
Depression can be very lonely! Is there anyone out there who will be my friend?
225 Replies 225

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja going to a new high school next year will be a scarey thing for you.It will be like starting again for you and hope you can make some friends and school is a much happier experience for you.

My daughter did a certificate in year 10 and will complete 2 next year through the school and when she does the animal one she have 4 certificates when she finishes school.

I still don' know when surgery will be.I did ring them and they said they will ring when they can do me.I need a bit of notice to do a test before hand.Looks like it will be early next year.

We had a bit more drizzly rain this afternoon.I should have enough tank water to get through summer now.

I have to go into town tomorrow and take the kids to a physio appointment and then getting my son' hair cut.I am not looking forward to it as I know it will be really busy just before Christmas.

Tale care,

Your friend,

Mark.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

I don't know if school is going to be a happier experience. I just don't want to be bullied again. school is going to be a scary experience. I remember moving schools in year 6, that was scary but I was glad that I was moving because I didn't want to be in that school with the same people as it reminded me when i was bullied. In this school I guess I felt safe. Too many people scare me. Does this happen to you too? When did you find real friends at school who you felt safe and accepted with?

Wow that is amazing how your daughter will have 4 certificates by the time she finishes school! Your daughter is really hardworking.

for the next school, I think in year 11 you can get a certificate and in year 10 you can do work experience. i don't know where to do work experience. I was thinking of going to a school and doing work experience for a teacher.

It is really bad how they don't give you enough information. It must be really annoying. Hopefully, it is set to early next year. How are you feeling?

My dad has to get a dental surgery and they are doing the same thing.

That is really good that now you have enough water to get through the summer!

Tomorrow seems like a really busy day for you. You are right, my brother got a haircut recently too and it was a bit busy because of Christmas.

I hope you have a fun day tomorrow with your kids.

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Your friend,

Neerja

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Neerja it was busy in town yesterday.I went the back way to the physio and there was hardly a y traffic that way and back to the shops which was really busy.I got my son in the hairdressers 10 minutes early and the apprentice did his haircut.
That is hard thing finding real friends in school that you trust.I found other people like me who were left out and bullied were who I hung around.They were ok and I didn't need to be in the cool group and we his away from them at lunch time and tried avoid going to the tuck shop as they hanged out near there waiting for someone to walk pass and pick on.I went to a high school with about 2000 in it and it is scarey being around that many people but you sort of get use to it.Hopefully it doesn't take you long to get use to it.
I did work experience a few times and my daughter has done it twice once as a vet and once at the zoo.She missed out doing it this year because of covid19.So hopefully it will be a more normal school year for her next year for her final year.
Take care,
Your friend,
Mark.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

How are you? Did you hear more about the plans for your surgery?

Sorry for replying so late again. I know I always say that and I'm really sorry.

Your friend,

Neerja

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja it' lovely to hear from you.No I haven' heard back about the surgery.I just feel like I am on hold at the moment.

How have you Bern and do you start school next week? My daughter started her final year this week.I hope it all goes well for you.

Take care,

Mark.

Hey Neerja, and hey Mark. How are you both? (This came up on my threads so I thought I'd check in)