FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Looking for Friends!!

Janey42
Community Member
Depression can be very lonely! Is there anyone out there who will be my friend?
225 Replies 225

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

There is the same thing in my school with a large group of kids who made fun of you as you walked past and they all hover around the entry to the school. Was there like a hierarchy of groups in your school too? With like the 'cool' kids at the top and given the most respect, then the people who are sporty, then the people who really enjoy gossiping, then the people who the teachers like, then the people you play video games and then the people who don't fit in any group.

The course your daughter wants to do sounds really good and she wants to be a vet, she will really enjoy it. I am really glad she found a course she wants to do.

I didn't know you could do courses during breaks. It is really good that you can do courses during breaks.

It would be really good to just be away from the people in school. I think you are right, I might find a course that I would enjoy and like. TAFE sounds better than school.

Did you get a phone call from the hospital?

I really hope that the surgery does improve things for you, it must be frustrating being in discomfort.

Its been really hot here too, today the max is 32 degrees, no rain and very slow wind. It rained a little here yesterday. I haven't heard thunder for a long time now. The sound of thunder is really nice because it is really unexpected and watching thunder from the window is really nice too.

Has the drought season ended where you live?

How are you?

I hope you and your family are doing well.

Warm wishes,

Your friend,

Neerja

Hi Neerja, just wanted to say that's a nice name.

- Tayla

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja your schools sounds similar with the different groups.I wish things had changed in all these years.It sad that this still happens instead of being treat equal.One thing is with the kids from the cool group some ended up in jail and some went bald and arnt so cool now.

I haven't heard from the hospital yet.Hopefully I get in soon.Last year they put me in Chritmas eve.Maby they will do me again Christmas eve as no one wants surgery then.

Have you looked into courses you could possible do?I still have sign my daughter up for hers to do over the holidays.

I went for a ride today.It might be the last ride for awhile.I have a busy week with my daughter this week and she's on holidays at the end of this week.

It has been hot here and dry.Still draught declared here.Need some decent rain badly.

Take care,

Your friend,

Mark.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

Sorry for replying so late. I had exams and the transition is starting for the new school I have to go to because the school I go to now is prep to year 9 and the next one is year 10 to 12. I really don't want to go there.

I don't think schools or anywhere people are going to be treated equally. I think everywhere there are going to requirements to be treated with respect. I wish things would change.

I love how you said 'some ended up in jail and some went bald and aren't so cool now', that made me laugh! 🙂

Have you heard from the hospital? I really hope you get in soon.

I found a TAFE teaching course, but I am still trying to find some more.

Have you signed your daughter up for her course? I think she's is going to really enjoy it!

Going to a ride sounds really fun!

Your daughter's school has school holidays quite early, I have I think 2 more weeks left.

I hope she has fun and relaxing school holidays!

It's cold and windy here, no rain.

Has the drought season ended? I hope where you live you get a good amount of rain.

How are you going?

Your friend,

Neerja.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks Tayla 🙂

I really like your name too!

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Neerja I am glad to hear from you again.It seems to be a busy time of the year.I hope you did well in your exams.My son finishes school wenseday for the year and that will be both on holidays for the year.I need to sign my daughter up for the course she wants to do.Its just been so hot here and haven' been doing much.It good head tart for you if you do a course even if you are still at school.We have schools that go from prep to 10 and if you have to change schools to finish.Luckily my daughter's school goes to year 12.

We had a big storm here last night with lots of heavy rain and strong winds.

Take care,

Your friend,

Mark.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Neerja I hope you have been ok.I am thinking of you.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

Sorry for replying so late.
School had been really hard and there were more year nine transitions and graduation.

I am really nervous about the new school. I guess I don't like change in general. In the new school, there is this thing where you have to ask to book an appointment each time if you want to talk to the school counsellor, I am never going to do that. I don't know if I have friends at school. I have people who hang out with, but I will never consider them my friends. They treat me differently because I can't keep up with them. They are completely different to me, they go on holidays, they talk about things that I never will talk about like social media and talk about things like clothes and I don't do any of that. There was a person who I considered my friend but she just almost completely stopped talking to me and found other friends, and now only talks to me when she needs something. But I am getting used to this because this has happened with all the people I have considered my friends. In my class, I get treated differently because of the way I look. I know I am ugly, but I still wish that I could be treated the same as everyone else. I know it's going to be the same way in the new school. I really hate it.

That is so good that children's schools end earlier than mine! Mine just ended 2 days ago lol.

Did you get a chance to sign up you daughter for the course she wanted to do?

Did you hear more about the plans for your surgery?

Its been really hot here too. It does rain that often anymore too.

It is really good how your daughter's school is up to year 12!

How are you?

Thank you for being my friend.

Your friend,

Neerja.

Matchy69
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi Neerja it is great to hear from you.It must so hard for you to change schools and not have any real friends I went through most of my schooling without real friends.I always thought I was ugly when I was in school but when I showed school photos to my now ex wife she said I looked hot when I was in school.I think you are a beautiful amazing person.As long as you are true to yourself it didn't matter what other people think and everything changes when you leave school.you can not tell which group of people someone belonged to in school.
I still haven't signed my daughter up yet.It will have to be to after Christmas now.Are you still looking in doing a course?I did a TAFE course when I was still at school in Cabinet making.Then I ended up doing a full time one.
We have had couple of big storms here the last few days with some good rainfall.My tanks are over half full now.
Take care
Your friend,
Mark.

hellohi
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Mark,

I am really glad to hear from you again 🙂

I wish I had real friends at school and next year there are going to be more people in the school. Its going to be more overwhelming seeing so many people each day. You are right no one can really tell which group of people they belong to.

I think you are a beautiful and amazing person too.

But I know I look ugly and it was proven when I got bullied for the way I look.

I asked my parents about applying for a TAFE course, they said no to this year but said maybe for next year. But I am still going to keep researching the courses, so far I have found 3 courses that I really like.

It is really amazing how you did a TAFE course while going to school and then moved into a full time one!

It is really good that there were big storms and your tanks are almost full. Drought season is over!

Here, there has been heavy rain since 12pm but it is still quite warm.

How are you? Did you hear more about the plans for your surgery?

I hope you and your family are doing well and thank you for everything.

Your friend,

Neerja.