FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Geoff just letting you all know

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear All, well even the longest responder can't go without having a relapse, so at the moment I am climbing up the black hole again, so you never can overcome depression even though I often say that I have, but there is always some catalyst lurking in the background ready to pounce again.

Many times I can push it away, but we all have our weak points and by having OCD hasn't helped me at all, moving into a new residence where all your 'friends' disappear when you want them to help you, funny that because we all know it happens with our depression.

My sons have both offered to help, but one lives about 9 or 10 hours away, and the other has 2 young children and works 12 hour night shifts, so I declined their offers, as much as they wanted to help me.

I know that I will get better, it's happened to me before, and this will be no different, so I will be still be posting back to you but only slowly at the moment.

I care for you all and want to thank you all who have kept this forum alive, with many new members joining each day.

You endeavour to help people is what is so lovely about this site, and to those people who I regularly reply back to, I am still here so never give up. Sorry guys look away, but L Geoff. x

8 Replies 8

Girl_Anachronism
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Geoff, 

Keep climbing, I have faith that you can get out of that hole again. Respond only when  you feel up to it, we'll be here.

GA

Struggler
Community Member
Hi Geoff

Look after number first and no need to respond to every single post.  Time you received support from the forum.  You've given so much to those in need.

Don't worry about unpacking.  Just unpack the daily essentials and leave the rest for now.  They won't run away and you have the rest of your life to unpack.  What's the hurry?  

Go for walks if weather permits.  Have a burger at Hungry Jack's.  Pressure is the last thing you want at time like this.  You live alone so no need to worry about the mess.  Who's to see it?  Just be lazy for now and it's good therapy.

Struggler

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Geoff,

Pls take care, thinking of you and missing you on here.  But pls take your time coming back on and only reply when you feel up to.

Unpack slowly, like Struggler says no one else will see it.

Keep fighting Geoff, I know you can do it.

Take care,

your friend Jo xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear GA, Struggler and Jo, thanks a heap.

My son who lives about 9 hours away just arrived to help me organise the unit especially the furniture in the lounge room which has lifted my spirits so much, so when I come home it is stating to look like a unit.

I couldn't have done it without him, it would have taken my much longer to even think about how I was going to do it all.

Each day is a challenge, been there before many times, so good most bad, but I will get there, and thanks so much for your encouragement and support. L Geoff. x

HelenM
Community Member

Hi Geoff

I'm sorry to read you're not well. But glad that you know you'll come up again. Having your son come up to help you is good and will have lifted your spirits a little.

Going down again is horrible and somehow when we're well we think we're rid of it (well I do) 

Being a veteran depressive you'll know what works and what doesn't. But take it easy and know that everyone here is thinking of you.

Helen

Jo3
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Geoff

Your son sounds amazing - to drive 9 hours to come and help his dad.  Just great stuff.

Geoff, I hope you are starting to settle into your new unit.  Been thinking about you and hope you're okay.

Take care

Jo xx

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni
dear Helen and Jo, I am slowly coming back and replying, loved to hear from you both plus all the above as well. L Geoff. xx

Ean
Community Member

Hi Geoff,

May your new home be warm and safe. Moving abode can be a huge upheaval, there are old things to leave behind, only to make room for the new. A good opportunity for a better future.

Thanks for your support. Be good to yourself.

Ean.