FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Friends Cafe - social space for members under 25

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey! Welcome to Friends Cafe.

This is a chill and chat space for young BB members to talk about anything and everything and make new friends.

When school's getting to you, uni or work has got you down, parents, partners, friends don't understand, and especially if you're feeling alone or lonely - come and relax awhile and talk to others who know just how you feel.

Our minds can cause us trouble, but they can also be amazing things that imagine beauty, love and fun. This cafe has everything you can imagine. To start with it's, well, a cafe. So there's chairs and tables, comfy couches for flopping, a big screen tele, unlimited download on computers for games, Spotify (or an old-school jukebox if you prefer), every movie you can think of on instant demand ... whatever you want, it's here. Post and tell us what'd you'd like.

Plus, there's an infinite menu of whatever food or drinks takes your fancy. And it's all free!

To kick it off, today we have a special range of Monster Milkshakes - those thick gooey shakes topped with cronuts, chocolate bars, cake, cookies ... whatever you want. And if you can get through one of them, you're a legend (and probably feeling a little bit sick LOL!)

Welcome friends.

1,458 Replies 1,458

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Heyo!

I just tried to post something but internet broke down for 1 second so Idk if it went through!!

Anyways either way, just a quick good night to you both Kaz and Smith, since it's a bit quite here at night I'll try to "drag" more people in as well!!

Have a good night!!!

With Love,

Grace xx

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Morning friends, just dropping off some red, yellow and blue beanbags and a pile of books. I don't know what the books are, you'll need to sort through them and let me know if they're OK. Got them from the op shop. 😃

Hey Smith hope the exams are going OK. Have you got one today? You've reminded me of doing economics at school - I quite liked it and had a great teacher who knew how to make it interesting.

Have a good day guys.

Kaz

xx

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hey again - I meant to say a big thank you for reminding me to look after myself. Very timely 'cos I've not been great the past couple of days. But I feel good today and your lovely messages sparked me up. Thanks guys. xx

Zeal
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Thank you Kazz for initiating this thread! I'm glad that Smith and Grace are making such positive contributions! I'm glad this thread is a relaxing outlet during your exam period Smith - that's awesome. I got really stressed during my Year 12 exams, and unfortunately didn't have a stable or reliable outlet. Economics is an interesting subject. I did it in Year 11 and had a great teacher. Though I didn't get overly high marks, I enjoyed the subject thanks to this teacher.

You're making me feel old Grace! I'm at the upper end of the Young Person category. Young people are typically classed as those aged 12-25. I turned 23 last month, so I have two years left of being young! Just kidding - we can all be young at heart during our lives if we choose to be. My boyfriend is 25 later this year, and sometimes he jokes that he's getting old.

Good luck for the rest of your exams Smith, and I look forward to talking with you and Grace, as well as Kazz and other members who join in 🙂

Best wishes,

SM

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey dear SM!!

Welcome to the cafe, I am a new member as well but still, welcome!! 😛 No no you are never old.. As you say, if we choose out hearts can stay young forever!! You seem very lovely as well! Have you got any ideas about the cafe? All ideas are welcomed, as Kas say--Spare no expense!!! And what have you been up to today? I have a free this afternoon so I've come back to the boarding house and trying to learn some guitar songs, just chords, but I like to sing along as well!

Hope you are having a good day SM!!

With Love,

Grace xx

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey dear Kaz and Smith!!

Aww thank you for the bean bags and books!! I'll definitely read through them and tell you what I find.. 🙂 And yes Smith is lovely and he is right, have a break every now and then Kaz, glad to hear you are having a good day!!

And Smith, have you had any exams today, if you had I hope they all went ok for you? I've got my year 11 exams coming in 3 weeks so I'll have to study heaps in the holidays as well. Take care Smith!! Looking forward to hearing about your exams/day 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx

Zeal
Community Member

Hi Grace,

Thank you so much for your welcome! You seem like a lovely person too!

As for café ideas, perhaps some nice meals cooked by a chef, such as Italian wood-fired pizza or risotto 🙂 I love Italian food.

I had a tutorial at university today about our essay assignment. I'm in my third year of Bachelor of Psychological Science. My day has been good, thanks 🙂

It's awesome you can play the guitar! Do you sing as well? I must confess that I have no musical talent - I don't play an instrument, can't sing, have no dancing ability, and have always shied away from acting. It used to bother me, but I have completely accepted it now! 😛
How long have you played the guitar for by the way?

I hope you've had a nice day too!

Best wishes,

SM

Zeal
Community Member

Hey everyone,

Any new young people who would like a space to chat and have fun conversations (especially as a break from the heavier stuff on the forum) is very welcome here. So far there are three young people participating in this group: myself (I'm 23), Grace (almost 16) and Smith (in his final year of school).

Kazz started this group, so a big thank you to her! Sherie and Mary have kindly welcomed people here, and they both good-humouredly joked that they will leave this space to the younger crowd!

Hopefully people find this space friendly and relaxing 🙂

Graceeeeee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey dear SM!

Thank you for the lovely welcome, I'm sure people will feel very welcomed now!! And a chief does sound like a really nice idea, it's nice how you like Italian food as well because my uncle is Italian and he used to be a chief!! Perhaps when he is less busy I'll ask him to pop by and help us prepare a really nice Italian meal 🙂

And it's interesting you do psychology, how do you find it? I want to do psychology when I go to Uni as well, so I can become a psychologist and help people who are struggling mental-health wise. I'll also try to read heaps and maybe write some articles as well, so I gotta work hard for a good atar! I'm currently doing 13 units (7 subjects) as school so I'm quite busy usually, what about you? Uni must be busy as well?

Anyways thank you very much for you kind words, thought I'd come here and relax for a bit after reading studying notes from Legal Studies... Hope you and you boyfriend are both doing well (if you were with him today)? 🙂

With Love,

Grace xx

Narniakid
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Kazzl!

Great idea! I could totally go an iced coffee right now 😄

I'd just like to apologise to everyone for my absence the last few weeks. I've been flat out with work and I have started my diploma, which I'm loving despite the heavy workload, and I'm just juggling a bunch of commitments and haven't had a chance to get online.

I hope you had a wonderful Easter and are doing well!

Crystal 🙂