FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Friends Cafe - social space for members under 25

Kazzl
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey! Welcome to Friends Cafe.

This is a chill and chat space for young BB members to talk about anything and everything and make new friends.

When school's getting to you, uni or work has got you down, parents, partners, friends don't understand, and especially if you're feeling alone or lonely - come and relax awhile and talk to others who know just how you feel.

Our minds can cause us trouble, but they can also be amazing things that imagine beauty, love and fun. This cafe has everything you can imagine. To start with it's, well, a cafe. So there's chairs and tables, comfy couches for flopping, a big screen tele, unlimited download on computers for games, Spotify (or an old-school jukebox if you prefer), every movie you can think of on instant demand ... whatever you want, it's here. Post and tell us what'd you'd like.

Plus, there's an infinite menu of whatever food or drinks takes your fancy. And it's all free!

To kick it off, today we have a special range of Monster Milkshakes - those thick gooey shakes topped with cronuts, chocolate bars, cake, cookies ... whatever you want. And if you can get through one of them, you're a legend (and probably feeling a little bit sick LOL!)

Welcome friends.

1,458 Replies 1,458

Hi all !

How are you?
Been a while since I was on this thread

viac
Community Member
hi! how is everyone going? there's been some pretty nice weather recently 🙂

ahw309
Community Member

Hi!

I was just doing some research for an assignment I have due tomorrow (whoops haha) on the beyond blue website and remembered the forums and thought I would see how it was going. I used to go on this thread every once in a while but I haven't for a few years - I think since 2017! It would be nice to see it active again 🙂

I also studied psychology at university (finished last year - I'm old now hahaha) so it's nice to see some fellow psych students/prospective psych students. Maddie, I can't imagine going through year 12 (or first year uni) through all the COVID disruptions, it must have added a lot of extra stress to the whole experience!

viac, not sure where you're from, but there has also been some pretty nice weather recently for me too! It's definitely warming up and it feels great 🙂 Although it's a bit of a shame that I can't really go out and enjoy it much because of lockdown (guess which state I am in haha).

Hope everyone is going okay and nice to meet you!

britishtvfan
Community Member

hello all. this thread hasn't been active for a while, but i thought i'd say hello.

- tayla

britishtvfan
Community Member
hello all. just browsing threads and found this one again.

Lyss123
Community Member

Hello everyone

im new here so I hope eveyone is having a good day. So I’ve been struggling with relationship anxiety for a few weeks now. I keep worrying about our future and worrying that something bad will happen. I can’t shake this thought and I’m losing sleep over it. My boyfriend is very supportive of my mental health and takes the time to listen and support me as much as he can

I guess I’m reaching out to see if anyone else suffers from relationship anxiety and anxiety about the future and have any tips or strategies that can help me and maybe some other people out

Have a great day everyone:)

just been browsing on the social thread part of the forums. anyone around?

Hey, I'm kind of new here, I joined because I feel really lonely a lot of the time, I'm not sure if I can help you because I also become really worried of being left behind. 

I think you guys have a wonderful relationship, and maybe you can try:

- savouring and having the most fun now, because maybe it will end, but life will end as well, and if everyone worried about that then we wouldn't be getting anywhere. 

- it may be irrational, but maybe you should think out your insecurity? I am also insecure. And lonely, and a little sad sometimes. Hopefully you two can work it out together and just have fun while it lasts ( maybe it'll last forever, but even if it doesn't, that's ok too.) It sounds like you guys rlly live eachother, so it probably won't end for awhile. 

Good luck ❤️

idk if anyone uses this thread anymore but hello