FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

favourite things

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

You might recognise this song...

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad

I need a list of favourite things 

because then I won't feel so sad.

Give an answer then ask the question again...

What is your favourite colour?

Green...

What is your favourite book?

30 Replies 30

BKYTH
Community Member
Perhaps for today your question.  Questions arise and we respond and in that tension our lives unfold - To what extent does our answers meet the demands of our questions?                       Philip.

Guest_1055
Community Member

Hey Philip I so so much wanted to answer your question, but I could not think of the answer. I hope that is OK? And you must be so flexible to sit like that.

So here is my question......

If you have a favorite flower, what is it?

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Echinacea, also known as Coneflower. It is like a really giant daisy. They make me happy.

What is your favourite street name? 

BKYTH
Community Member
The one that is in front of me at the time. Of course its 'OK' not to have 'an' answer or 'the' answer to my question. I value understanding over answers as the latter is nourished by it and allows us over time to ask richer questions while accepting that our answers are only 'moments in time' and will flourish and change.                                            Philip.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I think you have a good point there Philip, these questions and answers are only moments in time. I quite like that, being mindful of moments is something I find helpful. 

What is your favourite food?

BKYTH
Community Member
I don't know. Once when I lived on the Grow community those consigned to the cooking team were obliged to prepare a vegetarian dish for me as well as another person. They were no more skilled in cooking than I was in the team I was assigned too. The result was very unpalatable but I consumed it with relish and thanked them for their effort. That does not answer your question but that was the most important culinary experience of my life.      Philip.

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Thank you Philip, I find that quite interesting particularly your kindness in thanking them, having recently been away with work I know all too well how some struggle with vegetarian food. 

What is your favourite childhood toy?

My cuddly toy Piggy. I got him for my first birthday and still have him with me. I love Piggy!

What's your favourite holiday destination?

Gruffudd
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

There is a place I have been visiting since childhood. Lake Tyers beech. I like its down to earth simplicity, people who are just themselves and I have known forever, the Aboriginal people from across the lake who have great stories and like to share food, memories, and the most beautiful surrounding. The drive to get there over Mount Hotham is special too.

What is your favourite new years resolution? 

People who are just themselves, just be whoever you were created to be... like that Rob

Well I have made resolutions in the past, but they never held or something.But if I did have a favourite one, it would be to make a new friend.

What is your favourite store to shop in?