FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,100 Replies 2,100

ecomama
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You're so funny Croix hahaha.... 

I loved Heartbeat. Loved seeing the old cars, love almost anything with accents from the Old Country. 

Is it still on ABC or such? 

I spend most of my viewing time on YouTube lately, watching or mostly listening to programs as I work around the house and garden. Great company. 

One fascinating channel that you might be interested in, Croix, is "A Troubled Land", truly amazing. 
One guy is remastering so much visual media from that time in Ireland. Some are breathtakingly beautiful to see, the poignant scenery etc. 
Me just being educated about that important era in Ireland's history is worthwhile watching. I couldn't watch anything near violent on TV during my youth. Not even the News. Still don't watch the News. 

Getting into a Channel on minimalism by a Swedish lady about my age, living alone now and recently left her full time work to be a "Creator" online as a full time job. Wow. The monetisation of so many Channels is astounding lol. Nice for us too! 

How have you been? 

Love EM

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Croix, all snug in your 🍙rice ball igloo, & all.

That's what. If I'd known there were those elements you mentioned, I'd've watched more. I would know it's not a documentary, but not being totally fiction would have interested me. I understand episodes have to have their happy endings, as most people seem to prefer.

There was an Australian sho, GP, that I enjoyed. Sometimes I was annoyed, sometimes I had questions I would have liked to ask them about how the stories came about, some things that happened during the series. They had included topics & issues which had been current in news & current events programmes, too. Sort of skimming the surface really, but I wonder if it was enough to get people talking more. Othere Australian series, would try too. Things like Home and Away, A Country Practice, Neighbours, - more, I can't think now. Some became too soapy for me to want to continue watching. They all included some topical scripting. None could go into great detail, hough. & of-course they had to have drama, some sinister characters, love, etc. which got distracting. Astory is a great way to educate people. I could learn more about history, for example, if you tell me a story. But don't bother giving me a text book, filled with dates, timelines & dry facts.

Say warm, sleep well, everyone,

😺mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi EM,

Sorry, I have only just had a look, & I could ntnot find Heartbeat on ABC Iview. As the ABC got most of the Brittish shows from the BBC, I'd try looking there.

Good luck. 😸

Hello Croix. 💖💖💖

mmMekitty

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

🦆🦆🐧*, 🦆🦆🐧*, 🦆🦆...you see where I'm going with this one? 

Footnote:

*Sorry, no geese were available to take part, so I asked the penguins.

mmMekitten come to play, while Croixy is away!... 😺

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear All~

You are most welcome to the penguins, feel free to keep them as long as you like -or even longer:)

Looking at Freeview

https://www.freeview.com.au/

I think back episodes of Heartbeat may be on the 7Plus and 9Now areas.

I have not tried this, but looks hopeful

While the Beeb may have them I've found I've needed a British TV license number to view some things:(

Have fun

Croix

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Moon

I saw your post in hte thread "How can we improve the forums"  a couple of hours ago

If you are not at the end of any thread normally you can scroll down to the bottom post on  the page and you will see below it numbers in squares, click on the highest number for the latest page of posts.

Nice to hear from you, we'll sort out your contacts.

Croix

quirkywords
Community Champion
Community Champion

Croix thanks for helping me find this thread. It is comforting. 
i like English programs and panel shows. I Will look at Freeview link. 

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Quirkywords~

It is lovely to be in contact with you again, in some ways I feel a bit like Moon. My regular contacts are all over the place and my navigation is a bit like a pin-ball, bouncing and ricocheting everywhere.

Come to think of it pin-ball machines have "flippers" - how appropriate:)

Please let us know how you get on trying to find that show

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Croix & everyone. I find myself feeling excited when I spot somebody who I recognise in a Discussion I'm reading, & like this, sometimes visit. Hi Quirky & Moon, tealflowers, & Em.
I looked into Freeview on my tv, my so-called 'smart' tv, & the voice feature won't work for Freeview, nor the others I suspect, just the ordinary free-to air channels.
Anyhow since there are such things as human cannonballs, why not walrus pinball machines? Alas, no emoji even suggests a pinball machine. 😾
Knowing how some people feel, I’m not comfortable looking into their profile page. I might find someone if I know precisely how to spell their username, using the Search. I don't always know for sure, if it's capitalised, or has a number within, & what it was. Things like that. It seems, if you can't find someone using the Search, then, if you spot a post in another Discussion somewhere, & take advantage of being able to look into the profile & seeing where they are posting recently, you will be able to chat to them again.
😺Everyone is welcome to visit my profile page.
I've noticed some people don't seem to have posted even once since the upgrade. It is of concern if people find they cannot use this place anymore at all.
What little help I can give, I will try. I can't make promises though, because of how recently, I said I'd get back to someone, & haven't because I don't remember who, where, & what the question was. I haven't even found that post I had made.
I'm getting to places where I’ve been most, not as frequently maybe, but I will continue to try.
I use the Options at the top of the Discussion (like this one), & I have Followed there. I will receive Notifications when people Support, (occasionally I see a Speech bubble next to a Notification, or no graphic at all. 95% are Thumb Up support graphic & might say who did support a Post in the Discussion.
I'm using my desktop PC - can' imagine using my iPhone for this at all, even with voice over, or dictating into text fields. If I did that, I'd break it up, make paragraphs by pausing & restarting so the text would appear in separate shorter blocks, rather than one big one.

Pleasant dreams, keeping warm, everyone,
💖💖🐧🐧💖Fwah! Two got in this time!
mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Heh Heh, guess whose on their way to having a penguin plague 🙂 The other day one, now two.

-C