FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Croix Parler

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'd like to use this pace for miscellaneous matters that don't fit elsewhere

Thanks

Croix

2,102 Replies 2,102

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

[LRC lifts binoculars & see the penguins arriving already, all in a line, like single file.]

They better be athletic penguins, in order to get up onto the ice & out of reach of Croix's broom.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear ER, MK and all

I don't know why it is but bad behavior seems contagious. Now as well as penguins, inebriated kiwis, LRK causing havoc I now have stringrays importing even more penguins.

I'm pleased to say the penguins are not that athletic and I'm sweeping them back into the icy seas as fast as they hop on the iceberg.

Now you have given me an idea, and yes building an extension on the iceberg is excellent, however I'm going to have it built along the lines of M.C.Escher's "Ascending and Descending" with no place for sundry wildlife to go 🙂

Croix

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ah, but Croix, it ain't necessary or even desirable to use any stairs/stares, so stop looking at me that way when next I catapult myself in through the window. & penguins will perch on my back. No worries.

I can't imagine inebriated Kiwis even know what stairs are... Stingrays, I'm sure will find a way in from beneath the entire structure, no matter how it is orientated.

Hugzies to everyone

mmMekitty

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well I must inform you that the stingrays have discovered a new trick. They can retract the barb in their tail so as not to sting the penguins and then use their tail to fling penguins onto the iceberg. Both the rays and penguins think this is great fun.

However, it’s a bit haphazard as the penguins sometimes bounce off the iceberg and roll back into the water. Sometimes a flying penguin hits an inebriated kiwi. With the kiwis already staggering they are toppled over. So it’s quite a mess of penguins and kiwis.

The building of an Escher-designed structure will indeed confuse invading creatures on the iceberg. They will not quite know which way is up or down with stairways leading in mystical, confusing directions. But with the stingrays catapulting penguins with their tails (yes, an idea they got from mmMeKitty who will partake of this activity), penguins and all will be flying onto different levels of the Escher building.

Thus there will be a bewildering wandering of penguins, kiwis, mmMeKitty, LRC and GFC (grey fluffy cat, friend of myself) all over the place - up and down stairs, through archways etc.

So it will be a most interesting sight for a walrus to contemplate! 🤔 

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

There will be questions suc as, is LRC chasing GFC or is GFC chasing LRC, or are we independantly chaising the Stingray?

Cam anyone discern if any of the inebriated kiwis has realised waht is up & down?  Do they care?

How many penguins is it possible to pour into one doorway, to emerge out another doorway on the opposite side of the structure, before no more can be poured, because the previously poured penguins are too tightly packed?

& arguably the most important question is, how many sliding penguins does it take to melt & therefore completely erode an iceberg?

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Oh help!. I'm moving to Macquarie Island, which is cat free! Later I'll sneak off to an iceberg none of you scamps knows about!

-C

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

These are important questions mmMeKitty.

It will be quite challenging to tell who is chasing who in a building of such mind-bending contortions.

Indeed the kiwis may not know what is up or down, but in their inebriated state may not care and are just wandering in a state of fascination and awe.

The pouring of penguins into the building is a most pertinent question indeed! In a building of such mystical quirks I wonder if they may even multiply by some kind of magic. Perhaps more penguins can be squeezed into such a building than is possible according to the usual laws of physics, since it’s very form defies space and time relativity.

Oh Croix, you will just have to look out, as my stingrays have found a way to attach ropes to your iceberg and are now pulling it along with all its cacophony of cats, penguins, kiwis etc following you on the way to Macquarie Island!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey, Croix. do you not know there are lots of penguins on Macquarie Island, with breeding colonies,  too? As well as seals & Albatross? That's just for starts!

No cats, eh? What about yours? I think I will simply have to put an end to that policy! Other lifeforms will have to evolve to counter our natural Inclinations. Devolving is simply not an option. Right, Sumo, you tell him!

Being towed by Stingrays, you'd better hold on tight, 'cause it looks like you're in for a fantastic voyage!

[LRC grinning, extends claws & digs in] Weeee!

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

I fibbed, I've been in my igloo all the time watching you folks running (and towing) round in circles. With the inebriated kiwis snoozing in corners it's very peaceful in here:)

Croix

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hehehe you are a clever walrus! I imagine those sleeping inebriated kiwis are keeping you warm.

Yes, I think the stingrays got caught in a bit of a whirlpool current, so haven’t actually travelled far at all. In fact I’ve just noticed they have become rather dizzy and rolled onto their backs for a rest, looking rather similar to the inebriated kiwis 🙂