FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

5 letter game

hope4joy
Community Member

Hello! 

one of my favourite word games is where you are given five letters and you need to make a sentence from it, making one word that starts with each letter, in that order. The sentence can be as correct or quirky as you wish, don't worry about grammar! It can be serious, silly or ludicrous.

You then leave five letters for another person. These five letters can be a five letter word or just five random letters, anything goes.

It often helps not to think about it too much or it starts to get hard!

For example:

S T A R T

somehow the amazon re-forrested tremendously

or,

G H J K L

giant hairy jovial kangaroos laugh

or,

M F H B E

microscopic follicles harmlessly brew elixirs

and here is one for you to try....

P A P E R

(and then leave a new set of five letters for the next person)

Enjoy! 🙂 Christina 

7,724 Replies 7,724

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hefty Alligator Victorious Over Crocodile

HEFTY

I heard that the iguana had a special trick involving the flick of its tongue at high speed. It hid matches in a special moisture proof container, removing them in a second, striking the match and using its speedy tongue to deploy the match to the torch. Or the other story I have heard is the iguana devised a special parabolic mirror, ascended the tallest rainforest tree to access the sun and concentrated the suns rays on the mirror, then directed the mirror into the torch setting it alight. I think the iguana stole some leaves from an eagle nest as kindling. I'm not sure which of these legends regarding the valiant iguana is accurate!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hastily, Enterprising Fabled Torchbearer Yells,

Yippy! ...

... then runs to light the cauldron before the rainforest rain resumes .... 

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yeti Inches Purposefully Past Yak

SMART

(The yeti is employing cunning strategies in the 500km forest walk to outmanoeuvre the yak).

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Smaller Marathon Athletes Resort To

CHEAT(ing)

They jump up & cling to the yeti's thick fur. The yeti didn't notice them, until the anthem was playing & they started to sing. 

smallwolf
Community Champion
Community Champion

Cheating Hits Every Athlete Terribly

CYCLE

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Cycling Yeti Cycles Low Earth...

ORBIT

During the cycling event the yeti discovered his bicycle had the same powers as the one in ET and began to ascend to a high altitude. Having left the arena of the Jungle Olympics he is now lifting above the stratosphere and watching satellites whizzing by.

(MK, I loved the hilarious thought of the small creature hiding in the yeti's fur singing to the national anthem).

Added
Community Member

Organic, Recycled, Biodegradable, Interesting, T-shirt 

GREEN

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Generating Renewable Energy Enterprises Niftily

NIFTY

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

(I thought you'd like that, ER)

NASA Instigates Financing The Yeti's

BONUS

Well, yes, the Yeti does get paid a travel allowance, but the special space-worthy bike pants, they cost extra, so NASA gets their logo seen on all social network platforms, & the Yeti rides in complete comfort.

Eagle Ray
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Bicycle Oscillates Neutrons Under Solar…

FLARE

The yeti’s space ride is coinciding with Aurora activity and having some synergistic effects with solar flares. It turns out the combo of the magical bike and NASA’s special bike pants are having unusual quantum effects on the solar system!