FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

What to expect wile having treatment and going on medication

Manson-666_
Community Member

Well I had a major stress induced meltdown at home last week and I forgot how to be me in all honesty I saw my doctor and I am 4 days into having medication so I think it’s helping but still getting anxious in the morning sleeping is all over the place and no appetite.. just looking for advice or something at all anything 

1 Reply 1

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Manson-666_,

I am so sorry you have been experiencing a tough time at the moment, it must be hard. The positive here is that you saw your doctor - the first step in helping yourself - so give yourself a hug for that one!

Anxiety does impact appetite and sleeping so I think what you are feeling is normal for someone in your position. As for medication, it can take time for it to work but it is good you are experiencing improvements. However, medication is more effective when paired with therapy. Did you speak to your doctor about potentially seeing a psychologist about your anxiety? This really helped me to get over my anxiety, it can be good to talk to a professional.

I hope things improve soon,

Jaz xx