FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

regarding anxiety

jaspreet
Community Member

Hi

I have some issue regarding my anxiety etc my hand shakes when i am anxious and also i feel giddy ,I would need some advice what can i do reduce my anxiety,

Thank You

1 Reply 1

White_Rose
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Dear Jaspreet

Welcome to the forum. I hope we can help you.

I'm not an expert but I think when we get anxious the blood supply to the brain gets reduced and we cannot manage the body as totally as we are used to do. If someone with more medical knowledge than me can give a more accurate reason I hope you will. I think this is what happens.

So any slight weakness gets magnified. Your hand is at the end of the line for blood supply so to speak and shakes for this reason. I find I do the same and you may notice others having a few tremors when they are upset, nervous, anxious etc. If you took your blood pressure it would probably show a small drop. Quite often this is the only outward sign someone will show. When I stitch I use two hands but if I am worrying or anxious I find my left hand does not work as well as my right hand. I suppose this is logical as I am right-handed and my left hand is not used as often.

And this will be the reason you feel a little giddy. So sitting down for a couple of minutes will help. Also take a few deep breaths filling your lungs and slowly exhale. Taking a couple of deep breaths is always a good idea whenever we feel anxious.

Does this happen often? It may be a good idea to get this checked out with your GP. Also have a chat about your anxiety. Is there any particular situation when this happens? If so it would be good to tell your GP about it. If your anxiety is getting really distressing you could see a psychologist once your GP has ruled out any physical problem. Always good to get the physical stuff done first.

Has that been of any help? Please write in again.

Mary