FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Paranoia and anxiety

Sophief25
Community Member

I've always been alone and bullied I been talk to walk away from bad situations but the people seem to follow they hurt me and used me and now I feel too paranoid to leave my home just the other day I went to the beach and so a group of kids and starting crying just because I felt unsafe I feel like I'm a danger to myself and legit cannot leave my house without having someone to go with

1 Reply 1

Croix
Community Champion
Community Champion

Dear Sophief25~

Welcome here to the forum, a place where you can see how others have coped. Incidentally thank you for letting Fevereddream know they are not alone.

Do you mind if I ask what you me by being a danger to yourself? Walking away from bad situations seems sensible.

Having been bullied and badly treated it is not surprising you see danger everywhere and don't want to venture out alone. Can I ask if you do have someone to go out with you  sometimes?

I know from your previous experiences when you were forced to go to a therapist the  results were not good - again not surprising as you were there against your will. Really speaking it is a friendly and trusting relationship that is important, and being there compulsorily will not necessarily foster that .

Still being stuck inside and feeling unsafe is no way to live and I wonder if you could have control of medical assistance, and limited it to helping you get outside then the matter might be different. Being in charge does make a huge difference, and if the first person you try does not fit then go to another.

At one itme I was frightened of going down the drive to the mailbox, however it holds no fears for me now - change is possible.

I'm hoping you feel like coming back and discussing this some more - again you would be welcome

Croix