FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Opinions about "This Way Up" Online Anxiety Treatment?

Sue_
Community Member

I tried to search for "this way up" in search box, but it didn't pay attention to the quotes and returned too many irrelevant matches.

But what I am wondering is if anyone has worked with the anxiety programs on that site, and what your experience was like?

Or if you want to share a different (moodgym, mindspot, etc) site that you used and liked that would be helpful too!

4 Replies 4

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Sue_

I haven't used online therapies, so I can't offer any opinion other than I think therapy generally works better when working with a therapist.

However, I thought I'd try googling: This Way Up anxiety treatment, & I had some results, which indicate it is based CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), which has been shown to be useful when treating anxiety & other disorders.

I wish you the best with whatever help you find. Of-course, you are welcome to come to BB forums, or phone the BB Counsellors or use the Web hat Online link at the end of these pages.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

Sue_
Community Member

Thank you for the reply! I am seeing a therapist in person, but lately have been wondering about supplementing that process. I wasn't clear about my searching, it was the search box on this site that I was using in the hope of finding someone here who has tried it. But as my first post, all replies are most welcome!

mmMekitty
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello Sue_

No worries - I understand about how difficult it is to be clear in this format.

I wonder if your therapist could know about This Way Up?

If you find out more about it, it would be worth talking with your therapist about it, so they know what you are doing, or can even include working with This Way Up with you.

Hugzies

mmMekitty

friedchicken
Community Member

I've only tried This Way Up a little bit, specifically their social anxiety program. But I personally think that it's a good tool to try out. Not sure if it's the same for every program but the one I tried uses comics to explain strategies you can use and then gives you some activities to do at the end. I'm able to access it for free, which you can do through some clinicians that assign you programs, so maybe your therapist is able to get you on it for free and then there's no harm in giving it a go. 🙂