FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Not sure how to begin

Louie
Community Member
Have only just registered here on Beyondblue. I have a son with high functioning Autism & adhd, Life for him is tough at the best of times, As a parent you only want the best for your children. But what happens when your best is not enough? when everything you try to do fails? It is difficult to stay positive and keep up with expectations of school and friendships. I don't sleep well. I am anxious almost always. Worrying what people think of us when you are out and about and your child is acting up and everyone staring and judging you. Parents not encouraging relationships with your child, and avoiding you because you don't fit in. Obviously I need change in my life, I want things to be better, I am hoping joining this website is the start of a new beginning of getting my life back and gaining new perspective for brighter days 
1 Reply 1

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

dear Louie, welcome to this site, and the more you can post the better we know what you are struggling with.

Your son has Autism and ADHD, what a terrible combination for him, but I'm not sure if he realises that he has these illness's.

This also makes your job as his father a very extensive as well as exhausting role to fill.

It is a cruel world that we live in, because other people just stare at the both of you, which would make it unfair for the both of you, and with this glazing it never offers any acceptance nor help only a form of criticism.

You seem to be a very lonely chap trying to cope with the world on your shoulder, and I am so sorry for this to be as such, you want people who can understand what you are facing with in life, and that's why it's so good to join this site.

Not only will there be support for you, but your experience and knowledge will definitely help others.

There are many questions about yourself and your son that we would like to know about, so please reply when it suits you. Take care. Geoff.