FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New to beyond blue suffer anxiety from my health fears

Buffy_2002
Community Member
I have suffered for many years with anxiety about my health anything that goes wrong I instantly go into panic mode and it's really overwhelming does anyone else do the same
1 Reply 1

Emmen
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Buffy 2002,

Welcome to the forums.

I do have times when any (little) thing going wrong with my body would have me googling my symptoms and getting even more anxious. That unfortunately has included times when I interpreted my anxiety symptoms as indicators that I had a serious health disorder. I guess some things that helps for me are these:

• Getting a medical checkup so that I can be assured that there is nothing seriously wrong
  • Understanding what anxiety does to my body
  • Reminding myself that it is normal for bodies to have little problems every now and then
  • Reminding myself that the worst case scenario is not the most likely scenario

If you look through our forums, you'll find others who have suffered from health anxieties as you do. You're certainly not alone and I hope this community brings you some comfort.

Take care,
M