FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

New Phobias unwelcomed Guests

Nyny94
Community Member
Recently my anxiety has welcomed a new phobia, we recently moved to a new place and after seeing cockroach droppings I decided to wipe all the benches down with Pineoclean wipes. BUT then over the past few days I started having this strange paranoid thoughts and anxieties around chemicles. Wiping the benches down with vinegar helped but then my partner used a pineoclean wipe on the tap in the kitchen and despite spraying it with vinegar and water I'm terrified the residue will get into the water because I used the vinegar spray on it, it's making me too scared to use the tap or water. It annoys my partner but to me it's a very real fear, I realize it is probably irrational but I can't help but still panic and avoid using the water.
4 Replies 4

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, welcome

I understand such fear but it can be overcome. There is various levels of phobia .

I had similar fears and had to admit to myself that I had a problem, I then found a therapist that helped a lot.

He taught me to ask myself”are you being realistic?” My thoughts were not realistic. Then he taught me techniques to reduce my anxiety. Eventually my anxiety vanished and fears did also.

If you can’t make inroads you’ll need professional help

google

beyondblue topic anxiety,how I eliminated it

beyondblue topic he helped me for 25 years - Maharaji

beyondblue topic worry worry worry

beyondblue topic who cries over spilt milk?

TonyWK

romantic_thi3f
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Nyny94,

Thanks so much for your post, and yuck - cockroaches. I believe that your fear is very real, but I just want to understand it a bit more first - is it that the pineoclean wipe might have (or did) touch the cockroach droppings before the tap? What exactly is the residue that you're afraid is in the water?

rt

I sorted out my anxiety with my Dr in all honesty it was a bit of both. However, I am now on my way to getting treatment😊

Hi Nyny94,

Thank you for checking in. That's so great to hear that you reached out to your GP. I wish you all the best with your treatment, and feel free to check in or post anytime.

rt