FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Needing and wanting friends

car10001
Community Member

hi everyone

was wondering what people do these days to find a girlfriend or boyfriend and is there still a way you can still meet someone from this generation the good old ways like our parents did in the 80s-90s by actually going out and meeting face to face.

wondered because found out that the sisters seeing someone and its reminding you how much you want the friend and you know that it wont happen fast and you are doing everything you can and you cant do anymore at moment.

am usually working every weekend and while thats not all the reason its certainly not helping things.

is there a way and what can be done until your not working weekends or holidays or atleast not every one of them.

just feeling like it is never going to happen even though people say it will eventually, dont

have hundreds every time to hire a social companion even if its get the confidence.

and sometimes you feel like you have no one even though you really do.

what are good ways to talk to girls/people and let them know what youre looking for.

where would you go in a small town and is there a way to meet someone from this generation way people used to by going out.

what is a way to find a girl during coronavirus, what is a safe way while trying to delay or avoid it as thats one thing not helping.

plus at property theres not enough privacy and just doing best with what have got at moment.

Every time you try do something especially in nearest city there’s always something reducing the time and sometimes you want more time at a event or in the city and she’s nearly always going because of seeing someone though not impossible to go to some things by yourself.

Most single people would have friends similar age as well as older friends they could meet there.

if you could reply back thatd be great.

thanks

2 Replies 2

blues23
Community Member

Hi car1001

in regards to dating it’s hard my parents met thru a newspaper ad ( this was in the 60s) my uncles ect did the same thing . I’ve had boyfriends a few I’ve met in on line , some I met one at my daughters school ( which was a complete nightmare) one I met thru work which was not a work colleague he was in security lie an out sourced person but he was lovely.  in my experience do not date people u work with or have ur kids go to school with it ends up real messy especially if the person your dating is a control freak and loves to hurt u by being a jerk to people u know . Also ur reputation can become tainted by these sorts of people and that’s no fun either . 

i think to find a partner / girlfriend ect u need to be friends first long time know them . I used to go to meet up groups that was fun and no pressure to date just a way to meet people . These days I’m not interested at all in dating I’m quite happy on my own as I’ve had & seen some shocking relationships and been part of it too and frankly your better off on your own . If I date again which is a big if I won’t be living with that person like ever I need my independence and that’s my conditions. In regards to advise try going out to meet up groups not with the intentions to date . What to say usually hi is a good start don’t be inappropriate girls don’t like that , give ur ph number if u want to take them out on a date / get to know them . Try some local clubs , a gym , a hobby you enjoy and can make a friend that way by getting to know them I don’t believe relationships work unless u know the person and have no secrets are are completely open and honest with one another, 

Petal22
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi car10001,

I believe you can still meet someone like the good old days.

Maybe you could be introduced to someone by a mutual friend.

Do you have any hobbies or interests? 

Whats for you won’t pass you by.