FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Medication side effects?

Jojo82
Community Member

Hi all,

I've been suffering severe anxiety for the good part of my life, which in turn developed into alcohol dependency. I've been quite well and living what I would call a normal life for the last 3 or 4 years. Recently I have been getting very depressed. I've been taking medication for many years without any issues. Since the new depression started my GP has prescribed a new medication on top of my current medication.

I've found the side effects of this new medication are really tough. I've only been taking it now for 4 days. I take it at night and get to sleep really easy, but the next day I have really severe brain fog, dizziness and confusion. I know side effects usually occur when starting medication but I'd like to know for how long do these last?

TIA

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Jojo,

Unfortunately the side effects of medication seem to be different for every person. Some people seem to suffer greatly, others have no complications or side effects at all.

The best thing to do would be to have a chat with your Dr about how you are feeling.

Maybe ask at the chemist as well if they can offer some suggestions.

There is not one rule for all medications. It must be hard for the Drs to decide what to offer a person when we all react differently.

Hope you are able to find some answers!

All the best, from Dools