FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Life anxiety , do you believe in luck, bad luck, or some dealt certain hands ?

Guest_1584
Community Member

Hi to all , and if you feel inclined l'd really like to hear any and all thoughts, beliefs, experiences whatever, observations,so please feel free.

Do you believe in luck , or bad luck , or that we may just be dealt a certain hand in life. ? Do you believe we do things do things to bring good luck or invite bad luck ? Or that maybe there are things we can do to invite good luck in life ?

Why , is it some people can do no wrong , they have so much and so much comes to them yet they very often aren't even very nice people, often down right self a/h's, or full of dirty tricks, yet things just keep on coming to them no matter what they do?

Yet others you know for fact are some of the nicest people you'd find anywhere, or they try so hard , or would happily give others the shirt of their back , or always be there for a friend , maybe very thoughtful and considerate , yet nothing goes right ? But if there might be anyone that deserves whatever good life could bring their way, it would be them .

You must've noticed this stuff right through life or gone through it all yourself , or watched the worst people you know have things just fall into their lap while no matter what someone else does all they seem to cop is shyt .

Why does it all happen the way that it does and to the people that it does ?

Do you believe in Karma , paybacks in life, or life rewarding us , or what goes around comes around ?

rx

14 Replies 14

Hi to one and all, some great thoughts and ideals.

Make your own luck well , l have seen that with some but imo that stuffs a lot momentum and if you grab that momentum when the time is right and run with it, yeah it does happen. Especially in say business or opportunities in life.

A pattern through my life has been that l can be extremely lucky in small patches, sometimes big things too but in small patches , but later l've always seemed to get pay back. As far as just luck itself goes , it's as if the Gods may give with one hand but have the other one in waiting to take something else in the trade.

An example of momentum , or how being at the top can just bring more luck once you have that momentum

Today l was depositing some money in an atm, It didn't work so the machine started ejecting the cash and notes were coming out all over the place and l started to panic. Then the deposit trap door closed while l was gathering the cash , then my card popped out..

Well guess what , the cash it spat back out was 150 short . l'd just gotten through the worst month in 3 or 4 yrs , finally depositing some cash , and l lose 150 of it to a bank that makes 8 billion a year profit . Luck goes to the momentum of the bank that can do no wrong they just keep making more money .

Once you get big enough luck def goes to you . And the guy behind me said that happened to him once and it took them 4mths to give him his money back. Again luck goes to the momentum and they not only keep the money but make money off the money delaying giving it back.

l don't know if that example will make any sense or just sound like bank bashing but anyway, l've seen the bigger guys win a lot in business because if you get to a certain stage , things just start coming to you.

l think that happens in life and luck as well yaknow.

Maybe luck isn't fair either then.

Instead of giving me back and extra 150 when l need every penny, it takes 150 from me and gives it to the bank that makes billions.

hmmm.

CMF
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

I've been navigating the new look forums & found this thread. In the past I would have asked/thought the same things rx but as you know, I now realise you put out to the Universe is what's returned. Positivity brings positivity. If we're negative we invite more negativity.  Thinking about what we want,  believing we can have it & then letting it go...it comes to us at the right time. I also believe things happen for a reason. To teach us, to steer us is a certain direction, to protect us.

Just my thoughts 😌

Cmf

Guest_342
Community Member

Hi rx,

I have tended to sometimes think that actions or thoughts that I have can bring on bad or good luck, but I came to believe over time that it was a symptom of my OCD - believing that things can happen due to a thought or an unrelated good or bad deed. Whether OCD or not, I like to think that there is something up there that paves our paths to some extent (and the rest is up to us) - but it's not so much from a religious perspective. There are simply too many unknowns and miracles to life on earth for me to believe that there's nothing in the form of something magical that has something to do with things that happen to us. But it doesn't make sense to me because, as you point out, seemingly amazing individuals get dealt a bad hand while some people get un unbalanced amount of good things. E.g. why are some people born with super model looks while others are just 'normal'? Why do some of us smoke cigarettes our whole lives and live til 100 when others who don't smoke a day in their lives die of lung cancer at 40? Why are some people born into royal families and others into a refugee camp? And it goes on. It must boil down to life simply being a mystery that we'll never fully understand. 
I'm not sure if I believe in the intricacies of karma in terms of the religious idea, but I do like to believe it in its more 'every day' form - e.g. I find it a super useful means of avoiding getting into a road rage mindset if another drive does something inconsiderate or stupid - I just say to myself, some how some way they will get their just deserts, e.g you cut me off so maybe you'll accidentally leave your favourite sunnies behind at a cafe later today. They won't know it's because of their bad driving but it gives me peace of mind and avoids the stress of getting aggitated behind the wheel.

Another thing I wanted to point out is that someone might seem to get all the good luck but we don't truly know what their situation is. Eg. they get paid well and have a high powered job but maybe at home their marriage is on the rocks or they don't get along with their kids or they suffer from major depression. Or maybe they have an estranged sibling. Maybe they have an amazing house but they are up to their eyeballs in debt. Etc.