FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Iphone apps to help panic attacks

Taylen_Bucello
Community Member

Hi!!! Does anyone know of any good apps for my iPhone to help me with my panic attacks?

i have been getting them a lot and need something g to get my mind off it

thank you in advance

4 Replies 4

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Taylen

Welcome and thankyou for your post too!

Headspace: Meditation & Mindfulness is a good app that is available for your iphone and there are many others that are good too Taylen

I used to have bad panic attacks for a while and they do reduce in severity over time.....especially if we see our GP for a talk. The GP's have an excellent understanding about panic attacks and can be a huge help

You are spot on about using distraction with your panic attacks to take your mind off them...Good one!

Can I ask how long you have had these awful panic attacks for?

you are not alone........There are many super gentle people that can be here for you......including more suggestions with apps that have worked for them too

Great to have you here on the forums Taylen

I hope you can post back when its convenient for you. The forums are a safe and non judgemental place for you to post whats on your mind

Thanks heaps for posting

Paul

jess334
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Taylen,

Thanks for posting, this is a great topic - I hope lots of people reply because it's always good to find new helpful apps.

My favourite is a free app called Smiling Mind. It's guided mindfulness practices which I find really helpful when I am in a high state of anxiety, or just to help me sleep.

Jess

Puppies
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Taylen!

I’ve also tried to research apps that I could use when I’m feeling anxious.

I have downloaded the app called ‘SuperBetter’ and it seems to be pretty good although I have not yet used it properly (only looked through the app). This may be helpful for you.

I have also got the free version of the app called ‘Calm’ which I use if I have trouble sleeping. I always use the ‘thunderstorm’ sound as I love rain and I’m always able to sleep when I have it on!

I have a few games as well that help me!

I’ve got Solitaire, 2048bubble, Slices, BubbleShooter, and WordsWithFriends. I alternate between all these games which helps when I get bored of the one I’m playing!

I hope this helped! And if you find any please keep us updated!

puppies

Hi Taylen,

I've personally never used apps specifically to deal with anxiety or other mental health issues, however playing word games or other games that require me to think have helped quite significantly when dealing with anxiety buildup. A good distraction can prevent an attack altogether or help you calm down more easily after one, at least from my experience. Hope that helps :).