FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I thought I'd beaten my anxiety (trigger warning, mention of suicide) 

Zoe29280
Community Member

I feel like my whole world is crashing down around me.

I'd been doing so well for about 12months for the first time in forever I felt normal pfft.... well had normal reactions to situations instead of freaking out. I was happy with who i was inside and out i was shining i could feel it. I'm a single mum abd I was loving life.

and then I met someone, came completely out of left field we fell head over heels for each other and so quickly in a matter of weeks we could see our lives together.

Then my sons dad committed suicide and it has thrown me, my new partner has been very understanding about my moods and has been a good influence on my son but I never imagined being a full time single mum. I've got no extra financial help, my mum and dad will take my son for a night here and there but only if I ask and my son isnt coping at school.

My new partner is in the army and we're moving to NT in January but I'm scared and I feel like I'm bobbing in the ocean just keeping my head above water.

My partner is away for a week with work and already I'm not coping with him being away, I'm so down nothing is cheering me up or getting me out of the mood I'm in he says hes there for me but I know how overwhelming my emotions can be for me what if he runs I haven't let anyone in in over 10 years, my ex wasn't very nice to me, and now I'm babbling....

Anyway I dont know what to do I'm so down when he calls me and bite his head off when he doesn't...... what do I do.

2 Replies 2

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Zoe

Welcome and good on you for having the strength to post too!

My condolences for your loss of your ex (your sons dad) I understand the awful feelings of anxiety as I have them on and off for 35 years. Having your partner away for a week can make us feel isolated and even cause some anxiety too.....not a good place to be in Zoe

Can I ask if you have a one or two friends (a support network) that you lean on when your partner is away?

Just a note....The forums are a Safe and non judgemental place for you to post Zoe. Your well being and privacy are paramount to us!

I hope you can post back when its convenient for you.....there are many people on the forums that can be here for you 🙂

my kind thoughts

Paul

Thankyou Paul, sadly I dont really have any friends I can talk to. I have lots of work colleges but not anyone that would want to be burdened with my problems.