FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

I don’t know what’s wrong

onlymct
Community Member

I’ve had this constant pit that lingered from my chest into my stomach and I hate it. It’s like I want that feeling when you’re about to cry and then it releases when you do, but when I go to cry, nothing comes out. I’m tired all the time, I barely have any energy. I can’t eat properly, my sleeping sucks. I’m losing motivation for a lot of things. I can barely get myself to reply to a message. I’m having random panic attacks throughout my day, over almost nothing. Nothing will be happening and I’m struggling to breath, freaking myself out. What’s wrong with me?

I had depression. I thought it went away. This feeling only lasted a little bit and then it’d go away. But I’m constantly on edge and I just want this feeling in my stomach to go away.

2 Replies 2

geoff
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello Onlymct, please can I welcome you to the site and know how you are feeling, it's an awful and these panic attacks can be brought on by something so small that once before wouldn't worry you, unfortunately, once you've had depression and even if it's gone away won't mean that you're guaranteed protection.

Are you able to give us a brief outline of what you are doing which has brought this on.

It's not easy to stay on an even keel that's always a challenge.

Best wishes.

Geoff.

Quercus
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello MCT and welcome to the forums,

I promised myself I would stay away from the forums and rest for a while but your post was a magnet. I feel like you do too.

What's wrong?

I'm burnt out. I felt better so I kept taking on more responsibilities. I stopped making time for me. I kept pushing myself to try harder and do more.

And I'm overwhelmed and depression has sunk it's claws in deeper.

Does this sound familiar?

When you felt better did you keep up with your self care? Doctors visits? Meds? All the recommended stuff?

Me neither.

I started taking myself for granted again.

So... What is your plan? Like you wrote in your title you know something is wrong. You've posted here for help. So what is the next achievable step you can take? A day off to visit your GP?

There is a thread by Doolhoff called Sleep which is worth reading to get some ideas.

Now to take my own advice and go back to my resting and time out. Others will reply in time but feel free to branch out and join in wherever it interests you.

Above all trust yourself. You've gotten through this before and you will again. It is time to think about what YOU need.

By the way if you find anything that helps you please feel free to share. I need some new ideas too.

A very good friend gave me solid advice recently... Go back to basics. What is necessity and what can wait. What can you say no to, delegate or cull. Slow down there is no hurry to be "better" and anyone who pressures you to be might need to go in the cull pile.

I hope you feel a little better knowing that you are safe here and understood.

Nat