FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

getting to know people and reconnect

car10001
Community Member

hi

Was wondering how people with minor social problems get a girl, how do they overcome that. Am looking for a girl to do the bf/gf things with that’s single and doesn’t want kids or anyone meaning anyone else, Is there a way to get the girls if you live in a small town or have minor social problems or both.

Is there a way to get practice dates and is there a way to practice talking to girls and where would you go to practice talking to girls just to get the experience and the know how so it’s easier to get the girls.

Am happy single. When you see others it often makes you think about how much you want the girl. Sometimes it’s just not fair that it’s taking longer, is there a way around it.

If you had more normal friends close to your age the girl would slowly pop up and you’d probably have people to go shopping with and see later movies and it’d probably tie you over until the girl pops up.

For a couple years upto last year had a car that was continually having problems and wasn’t ready to update it till last year and didn’t have the room to park it and another one and get to them when time and money allowed otherwise it would’ve been done sooner and that hasn’t helped. Had decided to get another car like one of the other ones that have had and do up so now am working on getting that.

What are steps to getting group of friends together What are steps to asking girls out.

also what are ways to make more normal friends, hopefully some that live same area as you, because then you could do a lot of things, and chances are youd know more people and eventually they would have kids even though you dont want kids, you could see themand kids after born.

when people have kids sometimes their brothers and sisters see the babies, is it what you get for having more friends or brothers and sisters.

nothing will happen right away but we all got to start somewhere.

whats all your experiences

3 Replies 3

Swan_13
Community Member

Hi car10001,

It sounds like finding meaningful connections with people is really important to you – I’m sure it’s such an important factor for many other people out there too! The title of your post stood out to me… the fact that you’re posting here is a great first step in getting to know and connect with others. You mentioned that you're happy single... what kinds of things do you hope a relationship would add to your life?

You talked about wanting to have ‘normal’ friends closer to your age, do you find that you tend to connect with people at a different age to you? Have you tried talking to girls in the past?

Hope to hear back from you soon 🙂

car10001
Community Member

Hi

have no major problems talking to girls and do often connect with people without too much trouble.

what steps exactly do you take to find the girls starting with approaching them to talking to them to getting them.

the only friends close to your age are busy now.

volunteer at a school and they do happy hour, would it be worth asking what’s involved and maybe think about going now and then maybe not every week but maybe every 2-3.

and spoke to one girl while walking back somewhere.

where in a small town is a good place, there’s probably no shortage just knowing where

Swan_13
Community Member

Hi there! Nice to hear back from you...

It's positive to hear that you feel like you don't have too much trouble connecting with people and talking to girls - that's a good start!

I think it's okay to take time in finding a connection with someone - I know a lot of people have timelines when it comes to relationships, but it's never a race.

Your plan to start volunteering every so often sounds promising. I don't come from a small town myself so I can't really give specifics of where appropriate places to meet people are...but it sounds like you've come up with a good first step 🙂