FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Genuinely terrified

WendyRose
Community Member
I have been concerned for the past nine months or more that I might be exhibiting signs of early onset dementia. The very thought of this makes me panic. I have suffered from depression all my life due to early childhood abuse but have never been a hypochondriac. In fact, I almost never go to the doctor. It seems ironic that someone who has been suicidal all her life is now scared of leaving her children in this way. I am only 48.
2 Replies 2

blondguy
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hello WendyRose

I understand where you are coming from as after 36 years of chronic anxiety followed by depression have left me feeling similar.

You are strong by having dealt with depression for so long. I am in my '50's and it has felt like a very long time

Can I ask if you have a supportive GP that you can have a talk to? This is a crucial step to ascertaining or dismissing any thoughts pertaining to early onset dementia.

Making a double appointment is a huge benefit when we are doing our best to seek some answers. Like yourself I hardly see my GP for any physical ailment except for my monthly 'fine tune' where leftover anxiety and depression management

The forums are a safe and judgement free place for you to post WendyRose 🙂

It would be great if you could stick around the forums (if you wish of course)

you are not alone at all WendyRose

my kind thoughts for you

Paul

future_
Community Member
I am the same Wendy my friend, I have hidden my severe depression all my life and now I see signs in my teenager that are so so so so upsetting and she has no one to lean on. I pray she finds a caring, loving, understanding, supportive young man so she feels so very secure in her life and relationship into a family that she doesnt ever be alone. I have been on my own now for 16 years so that's all she has seen and it really really terifys me. If only there was someone closer to me that I could spend time with to help ease them and me thru this life of grateful but hard. I will pray for you Wendy from Sam.