FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Generalised anxiety ptsd agoraphobia and panic disorder with depression

Kristie_8
Community Member

Hey everyone

so I just wanted to put some of my symptoms out there because I’ve rarely heard of a couple of them and had everything checked and always comes back to anxiety and it’s driving me insane

bit of background info

• multiple ex’s with mental health issues eg skitzophrenia, bipolar etc
  • i broke my back in a car accident which resulted in multiple surgeries
  • had 2 miscargies which resulted in surgery
  • stopped seeing a guy and he turned really bad got all his mates to follow me for over a year where ever I went tried to run me off the road to the point I got cameras in my car and house anyway they apologised 2 years later
  • I dumped my boyfriend of 1 year after that who had alcohol problems and bipolar and he decided to get his friend to smash my car completely ride it off with a cro bar then smash my new boyfriends house anyway we moved he found where I lived again a year later then my anxiety began again
  • I then paid out my lease and my partner and I moved back in with my Mum

so after moving in with my mum it was only panic attacks here and there the usual heart racing, sweating, pacing around the house , thinking I was dying, couldn’t breathe tight throat and chest. Anyway we then moved to a bigger house as we had two house fulls

my anxiety continued to get worse I couldn’t leave the house without my Mum quit my job couldn’t work couldn’t do anything I was trapped I had to go to every appointment with my Mum and still do, I started seeing a physiologist and psychiatrist who prescribed medication but currently am to scared still to try it I don’t know why I use to take it and I no it won’t hurt me at most it just wont help but I’m still scared !

I just want to get better I’m paranoid about food being poisoned or contaminated so find it hard to eat

recently I’ve started seeing floaters constantly and went to hospital I started seeing Black like I was staring at a light but I wasn’t and then it looked like I was staring through a kaleidoscope then couldn’t see anything on my right couldn’t put sentences together or type properly I couldn’t remember simple things or get words out and at hospital they put it down to anxiety or sensory aura migraine anyone else experienced this symptom at all?

honestly thought it was a stroke got given medication then got a massive headache and went home six hours later

please tell me I’m not the only one and tips on starting medication please !!!

1 Reply 1

Doolhof
Champion Alumni
Champion Alumni

Hi Kristie *,

My goodness, you have certainly been through quite a few experiences. It is of little surprise you have some issues with all you have been through.

I'd like to suggest you return to your Dr for a very open discussion about your medication. It may be possible to request weekly appointments for a few weeks so the Dr can help you to monitor your reaction to the medication.

Start taking the medication as your Dr has recommended. It may help to use a texta to write the initial of each day of the week on the blister pack of tablets so you know which day you are up to and if you have missed one.

Continuing with your physiologist and psychiatrist appointments will be beneficial.

Anxiety can create a multitude of different reactions in our bodies. If the hospital and the Drs have checked you out, then it may be wise to believe what they say about your reactions being anxiety.

The medication may have side effects, especially so when you start to take it, hopefully you will manage those okay and in time the medication will be beneficial to you.

I'm really sorry for all you have been through.

Hopefully you will find some support, care and encouragement from people on this forum.

Wishing you well with starting your medication, from Dools