FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Feeling like I'm going to explode.

KellG
Community Member
Hey everyone. I'm not coping at all. I want to cry but I can't. I want to get angry but I can't. I'm hot then I'm cold. My whole body is shaking. I can't handle the kids touching me. Which I think they know because they are climbing all over me. We are dairy farmers and at the moment there is no money. Bills are stacking up and no way to pay anything. I've been suffering from depression for many years, but over the last couple of years it's also turned to anxiety. I just don't know how to relax and calm down. I just want to breathe. I'm rambling because I can't describe exactly how I feel. 😞 
1 Reply 1

Jacko777
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hi Guest 6449,

Welcome to the Beyond Blue forums, I am sorry to hear how you are feeling. Perhaps you can ring the Beyond Blue phone service, number below, it's 24/7 and it's free, professionals can help you over the phone to feel better straight away and help you to make some new plans for your mental health.

Know that you can feel better. Watch your breath for a while, practice forgetting about everything else, slow your breathing down, I do 4 seconds in, 4 seconds out, not too deep, I focus on the counting and watching the breath going in and out, I keep bringing my attention back to the breath and counting until I have found some calmness, it works. I also use meditation to find calmness, it's the practice of training the mind to focus.

The main thing is that you get some professional help mate, you can work on these things once you have a diagnosis, you need to know how to treat your condition. I think many of us can relate to how you are feeling, please talk here all you want, ramble on. You might not be able to change your situation on the farm but with help you can change how you to respond to it. In the past have you found any useful actions you can take that may have helped you through these challenging times? Love to you and yours.

Jack