FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Dizziness daily

Helenmaree46
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member
Hi I am wondering if anyone can help me understand what is happening to me. This last 12 months has been a difficult with lots of home conflict mainly due to us both being exhausted by our jobs, family tradgedy and limited spare time. Communication started to break down some months ago. I find myself always worrying, then 2 months ago I ended up in ER with vertigo that lasted 7 hours. I was told it was inflammation in the eustachian tubes and given stemitil. A couple weeks after this I started having daily, up to 10 times a day lightheaded and dizzy feelings. I copied ok for the first week but now everytime it happens my heart pounds, my legs shake, my mouth is dry and it comes at anytime without warning. In the shops , at home, at work. I'm really feeling panicky and drained. I am scared when it happens. I wake with butterflies in my stomach and they come and go throughout the day. My heart, blood pressure have been checked and are ok. I am desperate to cope with the symptoms as I love life and doing different things. I feel this is making it so hard to relax and do the things I used to do.Thankyou for reading x
21 Replies 21

44Max44
Community Member

Hi,

I was actually just about to make a post about something very similar.
For around a month now I've been experiencing a strange dizziness/lightheaded feeling daily. It's a very strange feeling and I can't even really explain exactly what it feels like, the closest thing I can compare it to is a slight dizziness/lightheaded feeling or almost like a slight headache.

A couple of weeks ago I went into the doctors about this and told them I was getting a slight dizziness feeling and the closest thing I could compare it to was vertigo, they said that it was probably an inner ear infection causing me to feel a sense of imbalance. They said there's nothing you can really do except wait for it to go away on its own, which should happen within a few weeks, but a few weeks later it's still here.

It's not super debilitating or anything, I can still walk, ride my bike, and do all that kind of stuff just fine, but I find it hard to concentrate sometimes and enjoy the things I like to do because I'm too busy focusing on this unusual feeling all the time and stressing over it.

I'd very much like to know what could be happening, could this feeling just be caused by anxiety and stress? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Thanks

Hi, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing this too. Mine started almost identical to yours. I would still do things and had the feelings and thoughts just hanging in my mind. I felt I could cope with it . It was the severe vertigo attack that seemed to make it so much worse. Any time I feel the slightest off balance I immediately worry that it is the return of the vertigo. I couldn't sit, stand, do anything during the attack and it worries me I could be anywhere and all of a sudden lose the ability to walk. Do your feelings make you panic and how do you cope if you start to panic ? I'm pretty sure it's the constant worrying with added life stress that has led me to be where I am with this.

I think like you, I'm in the coping stage of things right now, the vertigo feeling isn't so severe that I panic whenever I feel it, it's just worrying. I've yet to experience really severe vertigo from this, it's more of a slight feeling of vertigo paired with a mild headache feeling, I honestly don't know how else to explain it.
I do believe it's the constant worrying and stress that has caused or at least contributed to what we are feeling, maybe our brains are just overloaded with adrenaline all the time or something like that.
Unfortunately, I don't really have any coping advice I can give you, but I'm sure some other people on here would. You could maybe try searching the forums for people who've experienced similar issues and see if there's good advice on them.

I really hope someone can help us out with this issue. If this persists I'll probably go and see my GP again and see what to do.

Hi and yes I agree, I am going back to GP for a final check and also referral for counceiliing. I have spent a lot of today reflecting on the past year and I am leaning towards the fact that maybe I truly am unhappy with a lot of things. I have a lot to be grateful for and appreciate those moments. Im really not living completely the way I would like. I love peace and harmony and that has certainly not been the case this last 12 months. I think the physical symptoms are scary and I need to somehow accept that's my body sending a message. I agree the flooding of adrenaline over and over has most likely caused this or should I say the constant worry. I think I'm going to tell my work colleagues tomorrow as it happens at work and I make excuses to leave a conversation or leave the room. Very nervous about this but I feel I have to just be me. Thankyou for talking with me I appreciate you sharing and I hope you find peace of your symptoms x

I wish you the very best of luck and hope you can find a way to resolve these symptoms.
I'd love to hear back from you if you get any helpful advice from your GP, I'll do the same when I visit mine.

Good luck!

44Max44
Community Member
The dizziness for me has actually pretty much subsided, so either I've just stopped worrying about it which has caused me to stop getting the symptoms or maybe it was just an inner ear infection this entire time and it's finally healed.

Whatever the reason is, I'm very glad I can go about my days without constantly feeling dizzy.

I hope you managed to find some help for your dizziness.

That is fantastic news. You must feel so relieved. I'm so happy for you. I am still having moments each day , but I am facing them and doing all I can to not panic. I feel less worried and have noticed the intensity is getting weaker. I did see the doctor yesterday though and there is fluid in my eardrum. Keep moving forward and enjoy your amazing dizzy free days .

I’m struggling so hard with dizziness that it’s making me think I’m going to pass out or I have a tumor!!!! I cry all the time because it’s ruining my whole day every day!! Did the doc know straight away if you had fluid?? I’ve heard about getting my ears checked but scared to go to the doctors...: again!!! I simply have been living there this year 😞

Hi there. I completely understand what you are going through.Yes the doctor could see straight away, fluid behind the eardrum. Having said though it's not the cause of my anxiety. The trapped fluid does cause a floaty , dizzy sensation and ringing in the ears. I panic whenever I feel dizzy, from getting up too fast, moving too quickly, shallow breathing etc. So although health problems can cause dizziness the anxiety response is it making it worse and I believe I have anxiety dizziness when my health is ok.I too have been checked for brain tumour and all the other tests that I could possibly have. I too spend a lot of time feeling like I will pass out and fearing I will pass out. I have tried hard the last few days to not panic when I feel off balance. I know for certain that anxiety can make you feel awfully dizzy. The only way it will stop is to start practicing not panicking, and fearing it. Extremely difficult when in the middle of a situation. But the more you do and the more you see you haven't passed out yet the more confident you will be. My doctor told me it takes a lowering of blood pressure to actually pass out. Anxiety sufferers rarely have very low blood pressure.So although it feels it will happen physiologically it can't. Not sure if this is true , but it makes sense. Don't worry how many times you've been to the doctor. Go back and tell them what your fears are and what you think is wrong. They will work out with the symptoms you tell them whether you need tests. Don't worry about needing reassurance, because reassurance is a good thing. I'm at work today, and I've felt dizzy , and I notice my heart pounding and shallow breathing. I'm focusing on slow deeper breaths and so far I've managed to not go into panic. But I'll have to tell my self all day, it's going to be ok, I will cope with each attack. Exhausting and scary. It's my only option because I believe 100 percent it's anxiety. So please go get the health checks done and spend some time understanding if it's anxiety then this is what it's supposed to do, feels awful but normal. Reassure yourself and go slow.Good luck 🙂