FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

constant anxiety

Lisa_C
Community Member
I feel so hopeless and worthless. This constant anxiety is eating me alive. It feels like it's with me all day, everyday. The anxiety isn't always that severe but to carry just that little bit around me with me all the time is so uncomfortable and painful. 

I'm 20 years old and I have felt like this for years to the point I have lost hope and feel like I have no purpose in life. 

To just leave the house to go and do something is such an effort, its like I really want to go out and do something today but my anxiety talks me out of it and then I feel even more anxious for not leaving the house and if I do I'll come back feeling like I can't relax as though I've had a panic attack or something. 

I don't know who I am and I will never find myself being the useless person I am. Seriously what is the point? I'd rather die than live like this. If I didn't have family who cared about me, I'd be happy to end my life now because I'm only living life for their sake.

Yes- I have been on meds and done counseling and tried medication and that mindfulness stuff but its honestly never going to take away that anxious feeling. 

I guess I'm posting this to see if there are many other people who feel this way? 

4 Replies 4

Lisa_C
Community Member
Meditation not medication. 

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Lisa.C,

Well among suggestions out there, mine is to unwind totally.  Back to basics will never hurt anyone. It did me a lot of good for my anxiety. I had anxiety since a child and it came to a head in 1987. The therapy commenced then.

Among my journey to a more relaxed and comfortable zone was to listen to music and spiritual tapes. Thankfully many tapes are now on Youtube. My favourite being Maharaji (Prem Rawat by his real name).  This is not religion.  Google Maharaji sunset and Maharaji perfect instrument.  Then listen....it might just place you on the right track.

The modern world hasnt been modern for very long. Say 100 years. Think about how many things have come into our lives in that time whereas previously- say a million years even 50 million years, progress was never that grand. So how could we all possibly keep up with this infiltration in our lives. Some of us just cant cope and anxiety is one of many symptoms of that.

As Maharaji says-  most people claim they have lived a full life. But until you have sat on top of a mountain to watch a sunset from beginning to the end (2 hours) to be in harmony with the earth, the air and nature...you havent lived.

Back to basics. Deprogram yourself.  Cyber hug

Chloekat84
Community Member

I really feel for you Lisa. My anxiety and depression have been bad for a while now that i was admitted into hospital not long ago. Im a single mum as well which makes it even hard. Sometimes i feel like i dont want to get out of bed like i think whats the point but then i think of my daughter and she gives me reason to carry on. Just remember that you are loved and wanted by many. Keep up the good fight and talk to your GP, friends or psychologists if you have one. You CAN get through this 🙂 Take care x

Thanks for your post Chloe, I appreciate it.

Hope you are doing ok at the moment. All the best 🙂