FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Can’t cope with deployed spouse

Manda007_
Community Member

I am really struggling to cope whole my spouse is deployed. Everyone keeps telling me that things will get easier, but they just keep harder and harder. All I can think about is how unhappy I am that he chose a job over me. I feel anonded by my spouse.

i just keep crying over everything and I feel constantly sad. I can’t focus at work and I can’t sleep.

i was recently diagnosed with depression and anxiety and I told my partner but they don’t appear to care because they can’t help me cause he is there end quote.

I just don’t want to be sad anymore.

Many tips on how to get out of my own head would be appreciated.

Thanks

2 Replies 2

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Manda, welcome

Many people are taken away from their spouses through work.

Shift workers see their partners for a few minutes before they are gone again. A crop dusting pilot stays away for up till 2 months. Defense members, a long long time.

Unfortunately these jobs are often their passion. If we as partners deny them their chiysen career we are not accepting them for who they are, we are putting conditions on our marriage. That can lead to complications including resentment and anger.

You might not take this suggestion seriously but being distracted is an effective solution. Finding a passion like a hobby or sport will divide your thoughts and keep you occupied.

As a couple we really have to make sacrifices so our partner can achieve their goals. The only proviso is that such consideration is two way. If and when you need his support, he is selfless and appreciates your sacrifices. If not then marriage guidence might be an avenue to explore.

Good luck.

TonyWK

IsaJett
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Hey Manda

Welcome to forum ...lovely to have you here and you come to the right place ...firs5 of all stay strong ..this will make you a stronger person ..and just know that ..and remember it ...write it on your hand if you have to .

and this is an excellent opportunity to do things u don’t get to do with a spouse ..some untapped talent ?

I recently split ...kinda different ..but same concept ..we find ourselves alone ..and kinda lost

I ended up doing all the things I never was able to do ..picked up guitar ..painting and writing ..and piano is next ...

i started painting too...never knew I could paint ,.hahha

to get out of my own head ..I tried Jason Stephenson positive manifestationss..check him out on YouTube ...crank it up ...and soak it up ..he is my lifesaver ..hahah never fails me

he has sleep videos too ...a wide array to choose from . Give it a burl ..I promise u feel better .

let us know how you go