FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Borderline personality disorder & anxiety

mrsanxiety
Community Member

I got diagnosed with "borderline personality disorder" about a year ago. I was wondering does anyone else suffer from this alot with anxiety? I feel like im always in my head. I have irrational fears. For example a plan coming down from the sky and plowing into me. I type it and it sounds so irrational but i do feel it and do feel it Im in a quiet neighbourhood and every loud noise has me worrying, every helicopter that goes over head i freak out about. Does anyone else have this with their anxiety??

10 Replies 10

loouuiiee
Blue Voices Member
Blue Voices Member

Ohhhh I have these irrational thoughts all the time!
every little noise startles me and most of the time I feel on edge.
Walking 6 steps from my front door to the garbage bin has me thinking I need to watch out incase someone comes to hurt me. Have to have all the doors locked in the house 24/7 and keep a close eye on any window that I leave open on a hot day.
walking through the car park to my car at the shopping centre my first thought is to watch out for anyone around me who might try to take my keys from me and steal my car, or be hiding in the backseat to hurt me when I get in the car.
I have GAD and long-term depression as well as a history of childhood trauma and abuse from a controlling and manipulative ex-boyfriend.
I have never been tested for BPD.

I believe I experience this because from a young age my mother would tell me ‘if you go out the front door of the house alone someone will come and attack you’ or ‘if you get separated from me at the shops someone will come and kidnap you’.

You are not alone in being highly anxious about things that seem quite unlikely to actually happen.