FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

anxiety - my coping tool

Amanda2000
Community Member

Hello fellow anxiety-sufferers.

Do you recall the many times that you've been all worried about nothing? But you only know this after having wasted a lot of time and energy feeling so so so worried. And then at the end, you're fine!

Next time when you find yourself excessively worrying about something, try to remember one of these positive incidents from the past. It's become a powerful tool for me to manage my anxiety issues.

3 Replies 3

Ggrand
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Dear Amanda...

I am so very happy for you that you have found something that works for you for your anxiety....

Thank you so much for sharing what you have found to be a powerful tool for managing your anxiety....

Your post is an inspiration for others...showing that if we can find what works for us..then our anxiety can be quietened for a while....

My kindest thoughts with my care ..

Grandy..

Hi Grandy,

Thank you for your encouragement.

I had a few very good days but today is definitely not good. A million what-ifs circling inside my head. Feels like I'm just sitting here feeling spaced out until bedtime. Bedtime is another beast of its own .... that's when my ocd-rituals kick in and I can never get to sleep as early as I had planned.

There is something that I'm really worried about at the moment but I know the pre-emptive worry is always worse than the actual thing.

Just keep telling myself that I'll feel ok again once this has passed.

jaz28
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Amanda,

I love this idea! I find it helpful for me too, thanks for sharing !

Jaz xx