FAQ

Find answers to some of the more frequently asked questions on the Forums.

Forums guidelines

Our guidelines keep the Forums a safe place for people to share and learn information.

Anxiety is taking over my life need help coping

gingerlocks
Community Member

Hi, this is my first time doing something like this. I have been anxious as long as I can remember, it flairs up bad now and again and I have never had good coping strategies for dealing with stressful situations.

I am currently waiting on Visa news and its only been 6 days and I am a wreck, I cant eat, I cant sleep, i feel constantly sick and the negativity is really getting to me. I cant turn to anyone for help and I dont know how to get through this waiting period I am not dealing well with life at all at the moment and Would love if someone could help me with some coping methods.

Iv tried to keep busy and to breath through it but that doesnt work i am far to inside my own head and I just dont know how much longer I can deal with this

1 Reply 1

white knight
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi Ginger, welcome

So, you are feeling like you need some short term coping mechanisms into your routine.

Anxiety is a serious condition that demands many changes to our lives with both short and long term strategies.

Please read the first post in this thread

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/anxiety-how-l-eliminated-it

You will read about muscle tensioning exercises that I've done now for 32 years and still do, every night when I first enter my bed!.

But also there are things we can do immediately- like getting our finances in order so we don't stress about credit, removing toxic people from our lives and asking people to understand

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/online-forums/anxiety/worry-worry-worry#qhCDHnHzvGGEbv8AAOnT_A

So have a read and repost anytime you want to talk further. You are being brave posting and it will help you and others that are going through similar experiences.

TonyWK